This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are fanboys ever going to stop trying to push the narrative that ME3's only flaw

#41bsballa09Posted 10/21/2013 12:37:08 PM
No they really didn't. Unless you're talking about the choice to play multiplayer, which was surprisingly good if we're being honest. The ending was the most wretched case of Deus ex Culo I've ever seen

So you're telling me if you let the Quraians kill off the Geth instead of making peace, the ending would have been the same?
---
Assad is a doctor. It's insulting to suggest any doctor would actively order chemical weapons be employed onto civilians. - jabini
#42Tyranius2Posted 10/21/2013 12:38:23 PM
it traded a unique, atmospheric survival horror experience

Lol, by the time RE4 came out there was nothing unique about Resident evil. In fact, the series was getting stale. And it was atmospheric.

Filler story, simplified rock-paper-scissors combat superimposed on a banal cover system, linear towns and areas. Those are the big ones.

I agree with the filler story [great filler nonetheless].
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#43CatToyPosted 10/21/2013 12:42:32 PM(edited)
bsballa09 posted...
So you're telling me if you let the Quraians kill off the Geth instead of making peace, the ending would have been the same?

That's pretty much exactly it. If you had played before the remade ending, it literally was you pick one of three choices in the final 15 minutes, and watch your unique colorful version of the ending play out as it omits basically everything that has happened in the entire series up until that last 15 minutes.

I wasn't even on the hate bandwagon at the time because I loved ME3 as a game and I don't believe that the ending defined my experience with the series. But the ending pretty much was just bad because it ignored everything that had happened.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#44Orestes417Posted 10/21/2013 12:43:26 PM
^Bingo. The ending choice was what color **** would I like on my horribly botched sandwich.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#45bsballa09Posted 10/21/2013 12:45:40 PM(edited)
CatToy posted...
bsballa09 posted...

That's pretty much exactly it. If you had played before the remade ending, it literally was you pick one of three choices in the final 15 minutes, and watch your unique colorful version of the ending play out as it omits basically everything that has happened in the entire series up until that last 15 minutes

And that's where your imagination comes in. Gamers need to be reassured their version of the ending is what really happened or else they freak out and demand their money back. There hasn't been a true RPG in a long time. They are all linear despite being called an RPG.
---
Assad is a doctor. It's insulting to suggest any doctor would actively order chemical weapons be employed onto civilians. - jabini
#46Orestes417Posted 10/21/2013 12:45:13 PM
I don't need to imagine that a month before the game the devs did an interview which promised that the ending would not under any circumstances be what the ending was.
---
#47claytonbuckleyPosted 10/21/2013 3:06:07 PM
SpazH3d posted...
Spoilers: The Mass Effect series is a remake of KOTOR 1 but with a new paint job and some small changes. Prove me wrong.

I must of missed the part where Shepard found out she was a Reaper.

0/10
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#48ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:19:23 PM
bsballa09 posted...
And that's where your imagination comes in. Gamers need to be reassured their version of the ending is what really happened or else they freak out and demand their money back.

They made a bad ambiguous ending. It was objectively bad.
#49TimePharaohPosted 10/21/2013 7:22:44 PM
The ending was probably the best part of the game. Not sure why people only focus on it while ignoring the terrible writing the entire rest of the game, the garbage new combat, the removal of any aspect of it being an RPG, the neutering of any type of exploration, and pretty much everything else about the game. It was all bad.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#50Orestes417Posted 10/21/2013 7:28:17 PM
To hell with being an RPG, dropping the clunky ass RPG trappings for a more pure story driven shooter approach was the best thing they did for the series. Why people were confused by that I dunno, maybe they liked piss poor inventory management?
---