This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are fanboys ever going to stop trying to push the narrative that ME3's only flaw

#51ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:40:40 PM
Orestes417 posted...
To hell with being an RPG, dropping the clunky ass RPG trappings for a more pure story driven shooter approach was the best thing they did for the series. Why people were confused by that I dunno, maybe they liked piss poor inventory management?

If I wanted a poorly written Gears of War clone, I'd play Gears of War.
#52Orestes417Posted 10/21/2013 7:43:09 PM
That's nice. Go elsewhere then and stop whining about the rest of the series not being something it wasn't trying to be in the first place
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#53Ch3wyPosted 10/21/2013 7:50:20 PM
All third person games are Gears of War clones.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#54ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 7:58:57 AM
Ch3wy posted...
All third person games are Gears of War clones.

Nope.
#55SteamsterPosted 10/22/2013 10:45:04 AM
I don't care what other people say about things like this.

As a gamer, subjective experiences are the end-all-be-all. F*** objective criticism. I'm not a journalist or developer, that's not my business.
#56bsballa09Posted 10/22/2013 1:24:23 PM(edited)
ShadowThaReaper posted...
bsballa09 posted...
And that's where your imagination comes in. Gamers need to be reassured their version of the ending is what really happened or else they freak out and demand their money back.

They made a bad ambiguous ending. It was objectively bad.

You use the word objectively, but I don't think you know how to use it. The fact that you needed to make a topic about this almost 2 years after the fact shows you are nothing but a troll. My guess is that you most likely sucked at the game.
---
Assad is a doctor. It's insulting to suggest any doctor would actively order chemical weapons be employed onto civilians. - jabini
#57ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 1:27:07 PM
bsballa09 posted...
you are nothing but a troll.

Dismissing me because you disagree with me is childish.
#58Sir_Burpalot21Posted 10/22/2013 2:03:35 PM
All of ME3's story was a letdown.
None of the plot foreshadowing that was built up in ME1 and ME2 was used in ME3.
- Dark energy
- Haestrom
- The interest the Reapers had in humanity as opposed to the other races

Instead we get a deus ex machina that was never hinted at in ME1 or ME2 and came completely out of nowhere: The crucible.
Not to mention that Vent Boy was the most forced internal conflict I have ever witnessed in an RPG.

Lets also not forget how minor the effects of all of your "choices" were throughout the series.
- Council dead? Just swap out a few characters.
- Destroyed the collector base? Didn't matter.
- Advised the Quarians to refrain from attacking the Geth? No change at all.
I could go on.
Really the only time I felt like my choices were coming together for something was the Krogan storyline, but even that was fairly similar.

Bioware sold people on some vast and expansive story that would change drastically depending on what you did. What we got were simple color changes. There was no real branching.
People were upset about the impact of choices from ME1 to ME2. Bioware said they had to limit it to make the story accessible, but that it would all branch out for ME3.
NOPE.

Bioware doesn't push boundaries. They say they will, but then end up settling for what they've always done.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#59SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/22/2013 2:10:09 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
was the ending? Instead of being a fundamentally poorly written game, with pseudo-Gears of War gameplay(only boring)?

Same with ME2. Boring Gears of War with force powers. Filler storyline with a newly invented enemy that retcons an old species for no reason.

The only really good one is the first one. Ever since then, Bioware just keeps failing.

The first one's story was the worst. It's the standard WRPG plot with Robo-Cthulhu in place of a Banished Demon/Dead God/Time Traveller/Sleeping Dragon.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#60SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/22/2013 2:59:02 PM(edited)
Instead we get a deus ex machina that was never hinted at in ME1 or ME2 and came completely out of nowhere: The crucible.

The crucible is very much NOT a Deus ex Machina.

Hint: The literal meaning of the words don't convey what the idiom means.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch