This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are fanboys ever going to stop trying to push the narrative that ME3's only flaw

#91SinisterSlayPosted 10/23/2013 11:00:14 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Like, how come Shepherd mysteriously loses the ability to crouch and jump?
Or how the world suddenly decides ammo weapons are better?

Bioware wanted their own Gears of War, except they wanted you to be hit in the face with space wang every 5 minutes.

Gotta have dem romances.

Need more Mako
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#92geekneck99Posted 10/23/2013 11:04:20 AM
more Mako

Now that I can get behind.

*Drives off while using the boosters to simulate hydraulics*
---
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.
#93SmoboHashPosted 10/23/2013 11:04:28 AM
HamBurglar69 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYbetvkPA6I

your opinion is different than mine i'm going to pretend to find this funny
#94bsballa09Posted 10/23/2013 12:45:19 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Mass effect, and even the third one, was much less linear than Mario Brothers. Yet people cherish that game.

Haha, what?

First of all, Mario has tons of shortcuts, which means it has about as much choice as the Mass Effect series.

Second of all, Mario is a 2d platformer. Mass Effect is an RPG trilogy that talked up the choices you could make.

Obsessed.
---
Assad is a doctor. It's insulting to suggest any doctor would actively order chemical weapons be employed onto civilians. - jabini
#95easymodexzPosted 10/23/2013 12:51:38 PM(edited)
Humm, I thought ME2 and 3 were way better than ME1.

ME2 had the best character dialog and character development / depth. It also simplified the skill system, which was good, but went too far, which is bad. The actual combat was on par but marginally better than ME1.

ME3 had the best combat system by a mile. It had the best skill/ability/customization system that was halfway between ME1 and ME2. The only flaw was the ability to use any weapon too easily.

In terms of dialog and so on, it was a slight step down from ME2. ME3's biggest fault was the pacing and sequencing of the story. The Citadel was too central to the game flow (in the sense that you returned to the Citadel way too often in the game to shop / quest / whatever). They really needed to make more than 1 location a central hub for quest / NPCs / non-combat activity.

That, and the actual end to the story, but that's another discussion.

Overall I think people hype ME1 way too much because it popped their cherry on the series.
#96Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/23/2013 12:56:38 PM
I couldn't beat ME1 because of how boring and awful it was, so I have no comment on ME3 other than that unless they really fixed the combat it probably sucks for more reasons than the ending.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#97Ch3wyPosted 10/23/2013 12:57:16 PM
They really fixed the combat.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#98ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 5:44:56 AM
Ch3wy posted...

Not really.
#99Ch3wyPosted 10/25/2013 5:48:05 AM
Ch3wy posted...

Not really.

Yeah huh.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#100SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/25/2013 6:28:00 AM
They definitely improved the combat.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch