This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you guys buying the new consoles? Without the support it would remove most

#11MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/21/2013 8:55:16 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
jake-sf posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
AAA PC Games from the market. So you should at least buy one and leave it in your closet.

What? What sort of stupidity is that? If nobody bought consoles, then the only AAA market would be PC, thus we would actually get games designed with PC mind = thus much better games.

Game developers said, they wouldn't develop just for the PC because there isn't any money involved in it because it's not that popular since most computers can't run anything but indie games.

But simple logic dictates that if there were only PC, there would be a larger market for PC since that would be the sole option for gaming.
---
"PC has a $0 a year maintenance fee. The only money I put into my PC is buying more games. Have fun with your subscription based gaming." -SirisS-G-P
#12Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 8:58:00 AM(edited)
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
jake-sf posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
AAA PC Games from the market. So you should at least buy one and leave it in your closet.

What? What sort of stupidity is that? If nobody bought consoles, then the only AAA market would be PC, thus we would actually get games designed with PC mind = thus much better games.

Game developers said, they wouldn't develop just for the PC because there isn't any money involved in it because it's not that popular since most computers can't run anything but indie games.

But simple logic dictates that if there were only PC, there would be a larger market for PC since that would be the sole option for gaming.

People don't think of PCs for gaming and PCs aren't priced within consoles price range.

Unless Intel, AMD and Nvidia wishes to lower their price, it's simply beyond what the average gamer is willing to pay.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#13AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/21/2013 8:58:51 AM
Preordered PS4 day 1 so yeah I'm buying one. Can't wait to check out that Killzone. Looks amazing graphically imo.
#14ImMrMojoRisinPosted 10/21/2013 9:00:59 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
jake-sf posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

But more sophisticated and intelligent logic dictates that this isn't a black and white world where everyone that doesn't buy a console automatically has a modern gaming PC.
#15BuburibonPosted 10/21/2013 9:22:37 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
jake-sf posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

People don't think of PCs for gaming and PCs aren't priced within consoles price range.

Unless Intel, AMD and Nvidia wishes to lower their price, it's simply beyond what the average gamer is willing to pay.

I'm afraid it's not about price, but about convenience and popularity. Without dumbed down, dedicated gaming consoles, the bulk of the casual population simply wouldn't game at all. Like it or not, consoles are the financial backbone, and the face (of the gaming industry) that has been adopted by the masses.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#16godplaysSNESPosted 10/21/2013 9:25:53 AM
The only console I might pick up a few years down the line is Wii U

Microsoft and Sony pull to much BS
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#17jake-sfPosted 10/21/2013 9:37:12 AM
Buburibon posted...

I'm afraid it's not about price, but about convenience and popularity. Without dumbed down, dedicated gaming consoles, the bulk of the casual population simply wouldn't game at all. Like it or not, consoles are the financial backbone, and the face (of the gaming industry) that has been adopted by the masses.

And casual gaming is irrelevant. If all that was left were niches, then the only way a gaming company would decide to do games is to attract those niches. Thus comes back the glorious gaming instead of this casual garbage.

Who cares about the face that has been adopted by the masses?

Its exactly the part I only wish would crumble into bits.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#18Xeeh_Bitz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 9:39:22 AM
jake-sf posted...
Buburibon posted...

And casual gaming is irrelevant. If all that was left were niches, then the only way a gaming company would decide to do games is to attract those niches. Thus comes back the glorious gaming instead of this casual garbage.

Who cares about the face that has been adopted by the masses?

Its exactly the part I only wish would crumble into bits.

Remove casual games, then PC wouldn't have any more than 10 games that released this year
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#19LostHisHardcorePosted 10/21/2013 9:40:37 AM
I'll get a ps4. Although not on launch.
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#20DrelkagPosted 10/21/2013 9:42:54 AM
OP started off good, but the last few posts make it apparent.
---
Play hard or go home