This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefield > Call of Duty.

#81Aqua69696Posted 10/22/2013 5:32:55 AM
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was the best shooter I ever played. Battlefield 3 was a steaming pile of ****.
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#82JKatarnPosted 10/22/2013 9:35:54 AM
Orestes417 posted...
JKatarn posted...
popoetr posted...
DerPancake posted...
Mr_Delcroix posted...
They are both terrible, casualbait FPS for people with awful taste.

How come I get better scores in Quake than in BF3?

Now if you simply took a moment to think about it with some logic and reasoning (I know its hard) you would arrive at your own answer :)

The only logical answer is Quake is easier than BF3.

And Quake doesn't give you equipment/skill perks and other advantages that award time played vs. skill like many modern shooters.

You're right, it just drops quad damage and teleporters all over the place. Done properly the unlocks you're talking about are nowhere near the same level of benefit as going on a quad damage rampage. Case in point, in Battlefield 3 if you think unlocking a new gun or scope is going to grant you magical noob slaying leetness oh boy are you in for a disappointment. The Vehicle unlocks are a different story, but I'll be the first to point out those aren't done properly.

Except the powerups respawn, and everyone has an equal chance of snagging them if they know the map (and you lose them upon death) - with perks/weapon upgrades etc. a person has a permanent (however slight) advantage over other players who may not have played the game for as long - personally I'd say the former system is far more balanced.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#83Orestes417Posted 10/22/2013 9:48:53 AM
The main advantage is experience in the game, You're not losing to a guy with a slightly different red dot you're losing to hours upon hours of playtime
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#84JKatarnPosted 10/22/2013 10:28:23 AM
Orestes417 posted...
The main advantage is experience in the game, You're not losing to a guy with a slightly different red dot you're losing to hours upon hours of playtime

The same could absolutely be said for Quake and games like it - playing more gives you more experience with the quirks of the weapons and the layout of the various maps, except you also don't get additional stat/weapon boosts because of said playtime that give you even more of an advantage.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#85Orestes417Posted 10/22/2013 10:43:23 AM
Except for the fact the "advantage" given is frequently in the user's head. The starter guns in BF3, naked, tend to be some of the "best" in the game for general use. The only real exception to that is the recon which starts out with perfectly capable (and more forgiving) semi-autos but doesn't have the bolt actions available for use till the first unlock. Beyond that all it is is slightly tweaking the guns to user preference with various tradeoffs.

That's again, not taking vehicles into account.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#86ThePonyColliePosted 10/22/2013 11:55:49 AM
you get your money's worth with cod.
#87brainlackPosted 10/22/2013 3:30:39 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
Vs1991 posted...
Doom=Quake>Counter-Strike>Unreal Tournament>BF>Garbage>COD

Psh, you be crazy. UT >>> Quake man

UT99>Everything else.

sorry but duty calls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>doom>quake=ut>counter-strike 1.3>1.6>>>source=go>>>>>cookies>>>>>>oreos>>>>>>>milk>chocolate>>apples>orange>>>>cake>>>>>>ice cream>>>>>>>>>>>>>garbage can>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>literal garbage with cookie monster doing pot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bf=cod
---
playing re6 with 8x sparse grid ss with 32xs(2x2 ss + 8 ms)+ mixed sample x128 + 32 forced anisotropic then I hear ps4 is powerful than my pc