This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should Battlefield SP campaign be like Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield ?

#1InsuRnPosted 10/21/2013 1:14:26 PM
Hi,
Nearly everyone complained about the single player campaign in Battlefield 3 and most don't care anymore. For me, the problem is the big gameplay difference between the SP and the MP.

Imagine how the Battlefield single player would be like if it was based on the SP of the old Rainbow Six games (like Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield). Your loadout would be the same in SP and multiplayer, you use them in missions were you would create a plan of attack (just like R6). This would also unlock weapons and attachments for your loadout and since it is the same as in MP, it would be a good alternative for those who want a specific weapon but are not good enough in MP to earn it.

Yeah, I miss the old Rainbow Six campaign :(
---
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 - i5 2500k - Sapphire AMD Radeon HD7850 OC - 8Gb G.SKILL DDR3 - Crucial M4 SSD - ASUS BD-R - CM Storm Trooper /// PS3 - X360 - Wii U
#2Orestes417Posted 10/21/2013 1:18:25 PM(edited)
Honestly, the single player component of mainline Battlefield should go back to bots simulating the multiplayer aspect. Leave the solo campaign style to Bad Company where it belongs and at least manages an amusing trip.

And no, at no point should you *ever* earn multiplayer unlocks for anything other than multiplayer gameplay. It was bad enough being forced into coop in BF3.

---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#3MahoganyTooth92Posted 10/21/2013 1:20:42 PM
I miss the old R6 too, TC. ):
---
"PC has a $0 a year maintenance fee. The only money I put into my PC is buying more games. Have fun with your subscription based gaming." -SirisS-G-P
#4cody4783Posted 10/21/2013 1:24:22 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Honestly, the single player component of mainline Battlefield should go back to bots simulating the multiplayer aspect. Leave the solo campaign style to Bad Company where it belongs and at least manages an amusing trip.

I don't really get why they don't even offer that as an option, really. (Well, I do..."Modern gaming" at it's finest, but). It's incredibly annoying that you never get to test mechanics or even get a chance to fly helicopters and jets without either joining an empty server or just taking your chances in actual combat. Makes a potentially steep learning curve even worse.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#5Orestes417Posted 10/21/2013 1:29:17 PM
Thankfully that's fixed in BF4 with the test range or whatever it's called. Mostly though I think they felt they had to do a campaign to make up for the gimped player count and Xbox subscription fee on the consoles.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#6InsuRn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 1:35:21 PM
cody4783 posted...
Orestes417 posted...

I don't really get why they don't even offer that as an option, really. (Well, I do..."Modern gaming" at it's finest, but). It's incredibly annoying that you never get to test mechanics or even get a chance to fly helicopters and jets without either joining an empty server or just taking your chances in actual combat. Makes a potentially steep learning curve even worse.

I agree. And when you want to test a new weapon.
I still can't fly an helicopter without crashing, haha !
---
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 - i5 2500k - Sapphire AMD Radeon HD7850 OC - 8Gb G.SKILL DDR3 - Crucial M4 SSD - ASUS BD-R - CM Storm Trooper /// PS3 - X360 - Wii U
#7cody4783Posted 10/21/2013 1:37:56 PM
InsuRn posted...
I agree. And when you want to test a new weapon.
I still can't fly an helicopter without crashing, haha !

I spent quite a lot of time in empty servers flying jets through/under bridges, and sweeping helicopters through hangers and s*** like that. Along with doing "Races" in the river with friends on Caspian in BF3's helicopters (For example). Not great at combat flying still, but I can at least keep it in the air and perform emergency landings for repair if needed.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#8claytonbuckleyPosted 10/21/2013 1:56:31 PM
It should contain no SP and be a lil cheaper?

That'll never happen, but it should.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#9_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/21/2013 5:07:14 PM
Meh not sure. That seems like a whole other style of game.

What they should have done from the getgo if they really needed the singleplayer campaign, was make use of all the cool things the engine is capable of.

It boggled my mind how in multiplayer we were able to fly choppers, jets, have this huge playground to go to war. Then in the singleplayer, they did not use any of that. I think what they need are larger open levels that you can get through in a variety of ways, and include vehicles. Not vehicles that are scripted and you are forced to use to the next checkpoint, but just vehicles that you can decide to use if you want to.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#10TimePharaohPosted 10/21/2013 5:08:34 PM
Nobody complained about it, because nobody cared about it.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere