This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is WarFrame now? Heard mixed opinions.

#11Knighted DragonPosted 10/23/2013 5:32:14 AM
CoD fans don't complain about grinding, it's what they do. Get to level 50, reset their stats, and do it all over again. The game wouldn't make such a big deal over all your points and every reward if you couldn't do it over and over again.

This. It's not a fun grind, it's a "ugh if I only do this 45 more times I can finally get a slightly better weapon that isn't completely useless"
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#12zxelmanPosted 10/23/2013 6:05:12 AM(edited)
After playing too much, I can vouch for what you actually do in the game.

At first it's a "unlock every planet and area" kind of game (this is to unlock farming areas and the ability to go on alert missions yourself without needing others). And both along the way and after unlocking every area, it's a farming game for as long as you want it depending on what weapons and warframes you want, and how many. Then, it's a waiting game for content or events for those who have gotten what they wanted. So TL;DR, it's a collector's game as of now, for as long as you have slots. You don't HAVE to get any new mod/weapon/warframe that comes out though.

Is it fun? I'd say so. More fun than most F2P games. It's tough on newbies in the beginning, but after getting the right mods, weapons, and perhaps warframes (which is more plausible now that you have a 100% chance of getting a BP on mission completion), the game's difficulty falls off and gets quite easy.

If you're waiting, you can get guaranteed keys to the void by doing survival missions up to 15 mins based on which planet you're on. Then you can get shiny versions of the weapon or warframe you may or may not already have, but this takes quite a bit of work. Or you can get free Forma this way for polarizing (coughprestigingwithpurposecough).

Or you can get derelict key BPs from the market, craft them, and go on a hunt for Vaults to get corrupt mods in which some have a nice plus with a downside which may or may not affect your playstyle.

Or you can help others go through the game and get materials that way passively.

Some stuff you can only get for free through alerts, in which you have to be on for. It's a bit dumb but it's better than having some things exclusive to those who pay.

But if you got everything you could ever want (or just ran out of slots and don't feel like buying more or selling anything), you'll have to wait for updates. Sure Conclaves (2 on 2 dueling) can be interesting, but it's quite unbalanced and mainly just a feature on the side for fun.

Me, I'm playing the waiting game while playing whenever a weapon I want comes out, or just to help someone. Or if there is an event like later today where you pick which enemy you want to side with.
#13Killah PriestPosted 10/23/2013 6:06:51 AM
I've put about 20 hours into it, mostly solo.

I like it a lot so far but I'm a sucker for ninja/samurai stuff and this has that vibe going for it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#14FaPaThYPosted 10/23/2013 7:50:12 AM
You should just play it and see. I, for one, like it a lot and even threw $100 at them for the Master Founders pack. It helps that I have 3 friends who like it enough to get Founders packs too, one who's been playing a lot longer than I have and has spent over $450 on the game total so far :P It's a fun game if you like Diablo-style farming to make OP characters.

I recommend getting someone to refer you, so you can get a free 7 day affinity booster to make leveling your first couple warframes quicker, and go from there.
---
"Because I realize I want you. Guts." | "....... Are you a ****?"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malicii/
#15Dark ElfPosted 10/23/2013 9:26:49 AM
It has a solid foundation. However, the content is kinda lacking.
#16darkdragon_9600Posted 10/23/2013 9:31:02 AM
Rather empty. AI is terrible, lots of grinding, and DE doesn't really know what to do with the game.

Also, God forbid you say anything negative on the forums. Me and my friends got banned without warning when update 10 hit.
---
3DS FC: 0576-4794-4713. PM me if you add.
Can I haz cheezburger?
#17JonWood007Posted 10/23/2013 9:44:58 AM
I didn't like it. Kinda boring and generic.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#18zxelmanPosted 10/23/2013 10:53:31 AM
darkdragon_9600 posted...
Rather empty. AI is terrible, lots of grinding, and DE doesn't really know what to do with the game.

Also, God forbid you say anything negative on the forums. Me and my friends got banned without warning when update 10 hit.

Really? I see negative feedback being posted on the forum on a daily basis. What did you even say?

Heck, I was even being a bit negative over there, only I wasn't using any profanity or pointing fingers.