This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suggestions for a gaming desktop

#11Flaktrooper123Posted 10/22/2013 4:19:41 AM
Right, $2000 is too much money for you to throw away for a factory prebuilt. I am not sure where you live, but try to get it from sites that are happy to put your stuff together for you that it is ready to go when it arrive. At least right here in Indonesia, the stores are happy assemble a computer for free if you buy the parts from them.
#12KabtheMentatPosted 10/22/2013 4:32:13 AM
Yeah, if you have $2000 to spend you can get yourself a really kick ass PC if you build it yourself.

I mean like, a ******* good one.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#13jude1974Posted 10/22/2013 4:35:21 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
Anything you buy will be obsolete in less than a year, deal with it

Don't listen to this mess. The ONLY time that's true would be if you bought the absolute minimum as far as a video card and main processor.

I just upgraded my video card that until very recently still could pump out better graphics then my consoles. (lasted about 5 years I think?)

The point is...the more you put into on those two things, the longer you will be able to go before upgrading.
#14jude1974Posted 10/22/2013 4:38:32 AM
also a good tip to get you started, try to look at either HP sites, or other computer "build your own" sites like maybe Newegg or whatever that one is....maybe Alienware.

If nothing else even if you don't want the particular brand, you should be able to flip through low, medium, and high end gaming type setups that may start to give you an idea of what you're looking for in terms of graphics and cpu power.