This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I kinda like Origin

#11clowningPosted 10/22/2013 11:00:18 AM
Origin is just EA's DRM/distribution client. There's nothing wrong with it. It's not wonderful, it's not horrible...it just is. Though I usually can d/l faster from it than I can from Steam.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#12SteamsterPosted 10/22/2013 11:13:05 AM
The only complaints I've ever heard were that it's not Steam and that people's s***ty internet made downloads frustrating (no s***).

Aside from that it's just another application to run. Not a big deal.
#13Orestes417Posted 10/22/2013 11:15:16 AM
You forgot the "ZOMG it's going to tell the NSA I pirated the Sims Bieber pack (please god don't exist)" frenzy
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#14YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/22/2013 11:17:58 AM
My only annoyance with Origin is that I have to sign in again every so often. I mean, it's not like someone's going to break into my house, log in to my Origin account and buy a bunch of games on it. Having temporary login credentials kinda sucks.

Other than that, though, I have no real problems with it. Sometimes it gets weird sizes when I'm messing wih Resolution, but that's nothing I can't fix. Steam tends to get small when a game launches in 4:3. Origin tends to grow to just a bit larger than my desktop.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#15Gojak_v3Posted 10/22/2013 11:28:29 AM
GodzFollower posted...
hmm you guys make Origin not sound so bad, lol its online rep is pretty tattered from what I hear. Maybe its just people and their typical hate for EA in general that fuels it.

It' pretty much this and Steam fanboys. It actually uses less resources than Steam, but less features. Honestly I only use a few of the Steam features so it's not a problem for me. The thing that bugs me about Origin is it pops up on your task bar when you launch a game. I don't really see the point in this if it's running in the tray.
#16MaxCHEATER64Posted 10/22/2013 11:29:00 AM
nameless0101 posted...
I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with Origin, I just don't like the fact I'm forced to use it over Steam because EA hold their games hostage on it.

I'm sure if Origin had come first and Steam was in Origins situation I would think the opposite.

---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
http://i.imgur.com/xUwa3va.png
#17Gojak_v3Posted 10/22/2013 11:39:59 AM
MaxCHEATER64 posted...
nameless0101 posted...
I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with Origin, I just don't like the fact I'm forced to use it over Steam because EA hold their games hostage on it.

I'm sure if Origin had come first and Steam was in Origins situation I would think the opposite.

Valve does the same thing with their games. You can only get Portal or Left4Dead digitally on Steam.

Note you can order boxed copies of Valve games from EA, but that's because Valve used them as their physical media publisher. You still have to play them with Steam when you get them.
#18reincarnator07Posted 10/22/2013 11:40:24 AM
The only problem with Origin is the company that owns it. This is also true of EA's distribution platform.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#19DerPancakePosted 10/22/2013 11:47:09 AM
If Valve wasnt greedy they could still have all the EA games in Steam.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#20Treason686Posted 10/22/2013 12:09:21 PM
I don't like the thumbnails. I would much prefer a list option.

I hardly use Origin anyway, so no big deal.
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h