This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any good couch co-op games??

#1Fear The ClownPosted 10/22/2013 8:12:54 AM(edited)
I know couch co-op is typically a console used term but playing rayman legends on pc has led me to post this question.

Can anyone list some really good couch co-op games that are on pc? I'm interested in any genre as long as the game is good excluding sports games(wife has no interest). Here are a couple of games that we've already played on xbox so no need to list them if they have couch co-op in their pc versions: sacred 2, portal 1 and 2, rayman origins and legends, castle crashers, L4D 1 + 2.

A dungeon crawler/action RPG would be ideal by the way. Thanks in advance!
#2SinisterSlayPosted 10/22/2013 8:12:37 AM
I'm curious as well.

I got lots of gamepads (and not one of them is x-input) so couch gaming with friends is fun.

So far, I just got emulation games (super smash brothers!)
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3pothocketPosted 10/22/2013 8:12:47 AM
I was going to say Portal 2 or Left 4 Dead 2 but I don't know if the PC versions have split-screen or not.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4TheSchrefPosted 10/22/2013 8:16:32 AM
I think you can coop on one screen with Castle Crashers.
#5SinisterSlayPosted 10/22/2013 8:18:04 AM
TheSchref posted...
I think you can coop on one screen with Castle Crashers.

x-input only :(
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6squidgy617Posted 10/22/2013 8:28:15 AM
Magicka. By far my favorite cooperative experience. Lots of fun and hilarity.

I know it works with more than just Xbox controllers. My brother used a PS2 controller with a USB converter thing to play it.
#7Fear The Clown(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 8:33:42 AM
just to add... going to check out magicka already. She's not interested in Terraria.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5_wT6bHOxw&feature=player_detailpage#t=240 another post had that link and the vast majority of those games are of non interest to the wife(she unfortunately needs her games to play good and look good and that link provides a ton of co-op games but most are old-school graphically).
#8SinisterSlayPosted 10/22/2013 8:37:30 AM
Fear The Clown posted...
just to add... going to check out magicka already. She's not interested in Terraria.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5_wT6bHOxw&feature=player_detailpage#t=240 another post had that link and the vast majority of those games are of non interest to the wife(she unfortunately needs her games to play good and look good and that link provides a ton of co-op games but most are old-school graphically).

Too bad.

Like I said above, some of my best party games are games like super smash bros. I hook up 4 controllers and play the n64 version on PC.

And oddly, my mother loves Tetris Attack on the SNES, so I keep that alive on emulator as well. Not really co-op though.
---
#9SinisterSlayPosted 10/22/2013 8:45:03 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Fear The Clown posted...

Too bad.

Like I said above, some of my best party games are games like super smash bros. I hook up 4 controllers and play the n64 version on PC.

And oddly, my mother loves Tetris Attack on the SNES, so I keep that alive on emulator as well. Not really co-op though.

Set SSB to a custom mode, only bombs and mines and hammers.
Then either team or free for all. Even more fun if you set damage to 200% so one hit kills then have lots of lives.
The AI is funny because they punch the boxes and they explode, over and over, or tossing bombs at the ground. And of course you will do it by accident as well.
---
#10son_gogettoPosted 10/22/2013 10:17:04 AM
Trine 2
---
(GT: II Lazer II) - (PSN: ME GOOSTA) - (Steam ID: lilylazer666)
(3DS FC: 4339-3035-7150)