This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I know some of you arent gonna like this but... A Naruto fighting game is coming

#31wizardmonPosted 10/22/2013 12:30:26 PM
I actually have a few of these games for the PS2/PS3. Okay but pretty meh in terms of fighting games - last one I played was generations and everyone just had a few attacks (which more or less where the same for everyone, with just a different animation that played with it) and some mostly useless items that you could use in combat.

I'd probably have a different opinion if I actually played real multiplayer instead of just blitzing through the single player and throwing the game in a closet since it had no replay value at all for me.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#32KillerTrufflePosted 10/22/2013 12:44:18 PM
Yeah, I've never been hugely impressed with Naruto, honestly - the show or the games. The games themselves weren't all that great (at least the couple I've tried), and the anime just got to where it was annoying. It would take like 6 or 7 episodes to just have one small, short fight - the rest of the time was people yelling at each other, staring at each other, talking to each other, whatever, with the scene never changing, and everything just building to that one fight.

It was like the American Football of anime. During a typical 3-hour game, the ball is actually in play an average of less than 15 minutes. The other 2 hours and 45 minutes are effectively a waste of commentary, replays, and commercials.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#33WeaponX1138Posted 10/22/2013 1:34:21 PM
wtf is a naruto?
---
Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom. STEAM ID: Silentmark1138
#34KillerTrufflePosted 10/22/2013 1:48:42 PM
WeaponX1138 posted...
wtf is a naruto?

And you're cool because you can't click on a link and figure out the obvious, and you just wanted to point that out to everybody here.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#35arleasPosted 10/22/2013 2:02:22 PM
It was like the American Football of anime. During a typical 3-hour game, the ball is actually in play an average of less than 15 minutes. The other 2 hours and 45 minutes are effectively a waste of commentary, replays, and commercials.

I think that applies to the majority of shounen anime actually. They write it slowly so that it keeps the kids hooked for as long as possible with just enough action to keep them coming back...and then the Anime has to go even slower because one episode could cover a month's worth of manga.

You either get a f*** load of filler, or episodes that unfold at the speed of the manga.... :I

wtf is a naruto?

This would be like saying "who is justin beiber?"
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif
#36Iron_BadgerPosted 10/22/2013 2:27:45 PM
Why are you posting this like it's some new discovery

Namco already announced the pc version months ago
---
"I'm playing Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F because it's a good game" - GamerJM
"4>13>5>7>3 IMO" -GamerJM
#37Freelance_WolfPosted 10/22/2013 2:30:26 PM
I used to love Naruto, until they made all those fillers. Then I just didn't bother anymore. The only games I've played were the Gekitou Ninja Taisen! series (all 4 of them) on the GCN, and they were really good.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#38Jprime666Posted 10/22/2013 2:41:23 PM
Price.? For $20, maybe $30 I'd be game for this.
---
How many emotions is people?
#39arleasPosted 10/22/2013 2:42:01 PM
Why are you posting this like it's some new discovery

I don't think he's taking credit for discovering it. Congratulations on knowing about this months ago! I'm sure it means a lot to you that we acknowledge your information gathering prowess. But really, it's not a big deal...

Also, some of us haven't heard the news... this is the first I had heard of it (on PC at least)...Or maybe I had heard of it ages ago, completely forgot about it and this brought it back to me.
---
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/astats_card_76561197969913402.png
http://i.imgur.com/ByJEpRK.gif
#40strongo9Posted 10/22/2013 2:45:23 PM
Mohjong posted...
Playing the full burst game on ps3 with 3D on is kind of fun too. Makes me wonder how you guys like it with mouse and keyboard.

Because PC gamers can't use any controller they want, right?
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m