This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here played BF3 and the BF4 open beta?

#11exclusiveburnerPosted 10/22/2013 2:18:52 PM
The beta map was terrible. Although pictures and gameplay of other maps look a lot more promising it's really hard to tell at this point. The last BF beta(BF3) wound up being more or less the same as the game on launch day. Not bad by any means, but if your expecting much of a change I wouldn't.

Like I said the beta map was horrible, and a bad representation imo of BF in general. The single player this time around actually looks amazing so I will be buying it because that thrill ride actually looks great. I dont care what others say, it will be linear, it will be heavily scripted, does that mean it will be bad? No not at all, it will be full of "WOW" moments, and that's fine for me, because those moments I'm sure will be more bad ass then almost anything online.

For people who've played the BF series for a long time...MP doesn't offer too much new anymore. We've seen/attempted/done nearly every crazy possible scenario etc..and it's not a bad thing, but it's not as fresh as it once was. The new "Levolution" sounded promising but the Beta failed to impress. Bringing down one stupid building actually kinda ruined the experience, and the dumb barriers felt completely out of place. The map felt very limited.

Anyway sorry to go off topic, but I'd still get BF over Batman.
#12fire2boxPosted 10/22/2013 2:28:56 PM
exclusiveburner posted...
The beta map was terrible. Although pictures and gameplay of other maps look a lot more promising it's really hard to tell at this point. The last BF beta(BF3) wound up being more or less the same as the game on launch day. Not bad by any means, but if your expecting much of a change I wouldn't.

Like I said the beta map was horrible, and a bad representation imo of BF in general. The single player this time around actually looks amazing so I will be buying it because that thrill ride actually looks great. I dont care what others say, it will be linear, it will be heavily scripted, does that mean it will be bad? No not at all, it will be full of "WOW" moments, and that's fine for me, because those moments I'm sure will be more bad ass then almost anything online.

For people who've played the BF series for a long time...MP doesn't offer too much new anymore. We've seen/attempted/done nearly every crazy possible scenario etc..and it's not a bad thing, but it's not as fresh as it once was. The new "Levolution" sounded promising but the Beta failed to impress. Bringing down one stupid building actually kinda ruined the experience, and the dumb barriers felt completely out of place. The map felt very limited.

Anyway sorry to go off topic, but I'd still get BF over Batman.

I loved the map. There was a harbor, two sets of smallish bridges with underpaths to flank tanks/APC's, jet skis to flank A/E points and two different helis.

The bridge pop-up barricades and the shutters were annoying until you learned where the controls were. Once people get used to them and its mechanics then it woun't be such a big deal.

I never tried to cap C point since everyone was over there so I went for the 4 others. Point A was the most fun due to all the pathways into it. (six in total)
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#13Orestes417Posted 10/22/2013 2:32:03 PM
I'm reserving opinions on the map till I see the full array of class gadgets in use. Roof wookiees for example will almost certainly go extinct due to mortars.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#14OreoBoy206Posted 10/22/2013 2:47:03 PM
therickmu25 posted...
OreoBoy206 posted...
therickmu25 posted...
Yea I played both a lot. There's no realism in BF4. You run around 100mph constantly dodging explosions and enemy snipers.

What? BF4 beta felt slower paced in movement and aiming when compared to BF3.. So much so that whiners made countless topics complaining about it in the official BF4 beta forums.

I play with 120 FOV which makes it seem like I'm in fast forward. I'm coming from ARMA 3 the last 5 months so I guess looking back, that's why the game feels like an arcade game and rightfully so.

it's good but Idk I need to see how all the maps are. I hated the beta map.

Yeah, if you compare it to Arma then I see where you're coming from. I hated the beta map too at first but after playing it a lot and learning the map I started enjoying it. For roof top campers/snipers I use the XM25 (Air Burst) because it's surprisingly effective at taking them out from the ground level. The dust from the C building collapsing also helps somewhat obscure the view of roof top campers/snipers too.

I think a lot of people just weren't use to having so many high points on the map for enemies to attack from but after learning where most of these points are it became a lot easier to deal with.
#15EpicKingdom_Posted 10/22/2013 2:50:10 PM
It's just a copy & paste with some extremely nice polishing. Think COD. This is why I would have preferred Bad Company next and then another BF game down the road to avoid the same game.
---
3570k (212 Evo) | Z77 Extreme 4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | XFX PRO650w CE | 1TB Black WD | Fractal Design Define R4 | 3840x1080 | Logitech Z623
#16Orestes417Posted 10/22/2013 2:53:46 PM
Which makes very little sense, considering the only major difference with Bad Company will be the scale and lack of jets.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#17R0N1N187(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 2:04:48 AM
Well mortars are still 1 direct hit kill against other mortar peeps right?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Ie4dx.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Ef88B.gif