This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Website that has video uploading like YouTube?

#1Critcal50Posted 10/22/2013 5:56:03 PM
So I completed my upload on youtube with a 1.84 GB upload, and after all that it told me it was put in a queue. Is there an alternative to youtube? I'm not looking to livestreaming. Unless, anyone know how long this queue thing will take? Said that processing my video took longer than expected, which is why it's in a queue.
#2cody4783Posted 10/22/2013 6:05:58 PM(edited)
How long was this video? Did you upload some uncompressed FRAPS footage? >_>

And your video most likely won't take the rest of the hour to finish processing. Worst case it'll take a few hours at the most. A lot of times it's even ready at a lower video quality (Assuming you uploaded something 720p or larger) much sooner, and then the HD resolutions come a bit after.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#3Critcal50(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 7:52:18 PM
cody4783 posted...
How long was this video? Did you upload some uncompressed FRAPS footage? >_>

And your video most likely won't take the rest of the hour to finish processing. Worst case it'll take a few hours at the most. A lot of times it's even ready at a lower video quality (Assuming you uploaded something 720p or larger) much sooner, and then the HD resolutions come a bit after.

It was recorded with FRAPS, but it was Fallout New Vegas and about ..30-40 minutes of gameplay? Game doesn't look that pretty, and I was playing on high. Although from now on I'll record at medium graphics. I have really slow internet, and my Mom is always taking up a lot of bandwidth. And when the internet goes really slow, she starts complaining. Uploading to youtube pretty much makes my internet unusable. Unless you know a way I can regulate the speed at which it uploads? I closed out of the window and figured I'll do it tomorrow because it seemed youtube would allow me to resume uploading. So I figured it would apply for the queue.
#4LordSeiferPosted 10/22/2013 7:55:34 PM
its not your graphics settings in game that is the problem, its your video compression.

you have slow internet so you uploaded a 2 gig video are you kidding?

it could look great at 500megs.
---
^ this
#5ThingsFallApartPosted 10/22/2013 9:38:05 PM
2 GB is not big for a game video these days, especially if it is 1080p.

Just use YouTube, the processing queue can sometimes get busy but it won't take long and there is really no half-decent alternative.
---
www.dowreplays.net
#6reincarnator07Posted 10/23/2013 3:59:26 AM
If you actually want someone to see your video, then no, not really.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#7TheOtherGuyXPosted 10/23/2013 4:34:57 AM
Your best bet is not to record with FRAPs at all, there are much better alternatives nowadays that don't spit out huge files and the video quality is indistinguishable. Either that or use a program like VirtualDub or Vegas to convert your vids so you won't have to upload massive files.

Check out MSI Afterburner or especially Mirillis Action. They don't take up nearly as many resources while recording and work just as well. MSI is free too.
---
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
#8Critcal50(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 5:43:59 AM
TheOtherGuyX posted...
Your best bet is not to record with FRAPs at all, there are much better alternatives nowadays that don't spit out huge files and the video quality is indistinguishable. Either that or use a program like VirtualDub or Vegas to convert your vids so you won't have to upload massive files.

Check out MSI Afterburner or especially Mirillis Action. They don't take up nearly as many resources while recording and work just as well. MSI is free too.

Thanks, I'll look into that
#9cody4783Posted 10/23/2013 2:30:27 PM
TheOtherGuyX posted...

The issue I always run into with MSI is the audio gets horribly desynced. And it happens a *lot*. The video quality and file sizes are nice, but the audio getting fubar most of the time sucks.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#10Critcal50(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 9:05:55 AM
Hey guys, if I use Sony Vegas Pro 12 making videos using the clips from FRAPS, will that make the clip smaller once I render it or something? These recent clips I made a while ago came out at like 5-7 GB. Once I complete the video, and then render it, will it become smaller? I also tried MSI Afterburner, and I guess I have to download extra stuff toactually be able to record.