This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

just got a new laptop..need help

#1rainbowdragon92Posted 10/22/2013 6:38:29 PM
I was in a hurry because my last one broke when I had work for school to do. I quickly searched and just found one for like 300 at best buy. It is a toshiba. I decided to see if it could run games, but I need some help in identifying what this is. I am kind of noob, so forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject.

I have this: Processor AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

It doesnt seem to be listed on any "can you run it" sites, nor official game spec sites. Could this run games on even low settings, such as Arkham Origins coming up?

Only other stuff I know for sure about it is that it has Windows 8, and is 64 bit, 4GB RAM..not sure on anything else. I know it is not a gaming pc, and it will probably barely play games. But does anyone know if I can at least have games be playable?
#2QuestofChosenPosted 10/22/2013 6:47:20 PM
It can run older games if the resolution is 1366x768 or older. Not sure if it would run Arkham Origins on low. The HD 8330 which is what the A4-5000 has struggles to run recent games on medium. Games like Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite run at less than 20 fps on medium. I don't think low would offer much of an improvement..
#3rainbowdragon92(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 6:57:35 PM
alright, wasnt expecting much from this laptop
#4QuestofChosenPosted 10/22/2013 7:01:31 PM
rainbowdragon92 posted...
alright, wasnt expecting much from this laptop

It will run older games just fine. You could also try lowering the resolution to 1024x768 to make newer games playable. Won't look very nice though.