This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

233 hours in FTL. Any other amazing Kickstarter games or future games?

#1DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/22/2013 5:42:45 PM
I didn't know this was a Kickstarter game until someone told me recently. Thank god since I bought Shadow Run: Returns and thought that was a waste of money... Really didn't do anything with the franchise except make a poor mans XCom. Knowing FTL was a kickstarter has put my faith back in these types of projects.

Any other great Kickstarter titles? Or is the success rate for this kind of thing very low?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#2TheSchrefPosted 10/22/2013 5:58:26 PM
Pretty low tbh.

I've had my eye on Project Zomboid for a long time. If they do it right it MIGHT be kind of fun. We'll see.
#3InterfusorPosted 10/24/2013 2:14:38 PM
Looking forward to the new Carmageddon, Wasteland, Broken Sword and Longest Journey.
---
I am not economically viable.
#4ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/24/2013 2:16:18 PM
233 hours in FTL.

What? Why? How?
#5DredjPosted 10/26/2013 7:57:18 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
233 hours in FTL.

What? Why? How?

Because it's an awesome game.

The only game that has come through Kickstarter recently that I am interested in, and actually backed is Satellite Reign, which is a spiritual successor to Syndicate and Syndicate Wars. If you don't what that game is, there was recently a reboot of it called Syndicate that turned it into an FPS, and it was really mediocre as a shooter, but the special ability system was cool, even though it was inconsequential to combat. Kind of like Vigor's in Bioshock: Infinite.
#6biohazard1775Posted 10/26/2013 8:01:02 AM
Volgarr the Viking.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#7CircleOfManiasPosted 10/26/2013 8:18:45 AM
Using Kickstarter for game development is a really recent thing. Any large-scale game takes 3+ years to develop. Launching a Kickstarter is equivalent to an internal pitch, not a release announcement, so expecting a game to be released less than a year after it's funded is completely absurd. So saying it has a "low success rate" is asinine.
---
Sick liaisons raise this monumental mark
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
#8MasterTurtlePosted 10/26/2013 9:37:41 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
233 hours in FTL.

What? Why? How?

I tried to beat the game on Normal with every ship (or at least the ones that weren't terrible). Ended up doing like 10 iirc.

though I also wasted a lot of time grinding for the mystery ship, really wish I hadn't.
---
Can I interest you in a...side mission?
#9arleasPosted 10/26/2013 11:37:13 AM
I'm mostly waiting for games funded by well-known developers with a good track record. Even that's not foolproof but it's better than taking chances with people who have no idea what they're doing and wind up in over their heads.

Some of the 'in over their heads' types manage to squeeze by...
http://i.imgur.com/yacucU1.jpg

^^ those guys started off by hiding out in an unused university classroom for 8 months (geeez!) And that was even before their kickstarter campaign.

So the biggest games I'm anticipating are: Elite Dangerous and Wasteland 2 both of which should be releasing shortly (I hope).
Shortly meaning maybe in the next 6-8 months.
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png
#10Sk0rbutPosted 10/26/2013 3:37:19 PM
Out of the big hitters that passed the magic million dollar mark Shadowrun is the only one that is actually done. Planetary Annihilation is on Steam Early Access and imho it's looking good, but we're still waiting for Torment: Tides of Numenera, Project Eternity, Mighty No. 9, Broken Age, Wasteland 2, Elite: Dangerous, Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen, Shroud of the Avatar, Warmachine: Tactics, Dreamfall Chapters, Massive Chalice, Pathfinder Online & Project Phoenix.
---
I am the bringer of death. Fall to your knees and beg for mercy... Or give me a sandwich, I'm pretty hungry.