This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

233 hours in FTL. Any other amazing Kickstarter games or future games?

#11anonymous4everPosted 10/26/2013 4:52:52 PM
The vast majority of indie and kickstarter games are complete trash.
#12anonymous4everPosted 10/26/2013 4:53:59 PM
Sk0rbut posted...
Out of the big hitters that passed the magic million dollar mark Shadowrun is the only one that is actually done. Planetary Annihilation is on Steam Early Access and imho it's looking good, but we're still waiting for Torment: Tides of Numenera, Project Eternity, Mighty No. 9, Broken Age, Wasteland 2, Elite: Dangerous, Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen, Shroud of the Avatar, Warmachine: Tactics, Dreamfall Chapters, Massive Chalice, Pathfinder Online & Project Phoenix.

Forgetting about the Shadowgate redux. Looks really promising if you're into those kind of adventure games.
#13xanthan1Posted 10/26/2013 5:14:18 PM
anonymous4ever posted...
The vast majority of indie and kickstarter games are complete trash.

A vast majority of games are complete trash. Good games come by the handful. Bad ones by the shovelful.
#14Cool_Dude667Posted 10/26/2013 6:03:12 PM
arleas posted...
I'm mostly waiting for games funded by well-known developers with a good track record. Even that's not foolproof but it's better than taking chances with people who have no idea what they're doing and wind up in over their heads.

Some of the 'in over their heads' types manage to squeeze by...
http://i.imgur.com/yacucU1.jpg

^^ those guys started off by hiding out in an unused university classroom for 8 months (geeez!) And that was even before their kickstarter campaign.

So the biggest games I'm anticipating are: Elite Dangerous and Wasteland 2 both of which should be releasing shortly (I hope).
Shortly meaning maybe in the next 6-8 months.

rofl nice pic 0.o
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#15jakisthePosted 10/26/2013 6:44:12 PM
Well, let's see:
-Wasteland 2
-Torment
-Star Citizen
-Mighty No. 9
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Radio the Universe
-Universum
-Project Eternity
-Shantae
-A Hat In Time
-Cryamore

All have yet to come out. These are slow projects.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#16josh_bPosted 10/26/2013 7:00:38 PM
While i don't know if Kerbal Space Program was a Kickstarter game... it is a indie title and a amazing one at that. Probably one of my top 10 games of all time and it's not even finished yet.

FTL was a amazing game and here's hoping we see some similar games in the future.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#17SUPER3METROIDXPosted 10/26/2013 8:25:48 PM
FTL seems super succesful until you consider that they got over 2000% of the goal and did absolutely zip with it. They've said might add something or make mobile versions but nope no sign of anything. Heck they wouldn't even have to do the work, merely hire someone with all the cash they got. The game could be so much more and sadly is a bit too simplistic. There's quite a lack of events and enemies once you get into and modding support is horrible (the devs specifically made it closed to modding.)

Honestly if you want a good game kickstarter is not the best place to look. Heck the most funded gaming project is the ouya and we all know how great that turned out. Kickstarter is an investment website to let people create their dreams with community support. Unfortunately it can also be gamed pretty easily. There's no guarantee of quality and they'll probably miss ship date as well. The only thing they have to do is give the prize for the tier you bought and make a game good or bad. Take everything with a grain of salt.
#18Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/26/2013 8:35:04 PM
SUPER3METROIDX posted...
FTL seems super succesful until you consider that they got over 2000% of the goal and did absolutely zip with it. They've said might add something or make mobile versions but nope no sign of anything. Heck they wouldn't even have to do the work, merely hire someone with all the cash they got. The game could be so much more and sadly is a bit too simplistic. There's quite a lack of events and enemies once you get into and modding support is horrible (the devs specifically made it closed to modding.)

Honestly if you want a good game kickstarter is not the best place to look. Heck the most funded gaming project is the ouya and we all know how great that turned out. Kickstarter is an investment website to let people create their dreams with community support. Unfortunately it can also be gamed pretty easily. There's no guarantee of quality and they'll probably miss ship date as well. The only thing they have to do is give the prize for the tier you bought and make a game good or bad. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Holy **** I was playing FTL today, and all I could think was "y'know this game is super fun, but why isn't there more?"

I mean seriously, how difficult would it be to put out a hi-res texture pack, or to port the game to mobile, or even something as small as adding Steam achievements?
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#19happyscrub1Posted 10/26/2013 8:54:18 PM
FTL is like a drug.

It's an indie game that gives you that good video game high... then for the rest of your life you are looking for another indie game but it's never good as that first high.

It's all down hill, bro. Get out while u can.
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#20CpazrunPosted 10/28/2013 10:11:58 PM
I hate to toot my own horn here, but I have to put in a plug for my own game, Spark Rising. It's on Kickstarter right now, with 48 hours to go!

It plays like a mix between battlefront with tower defense elements.
---
Working on a voxel-based sandbox strategy game! Check it out at sparkrising.com