This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Minecraft 1.7 Update is out!

#11ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/22/2013 8:20:59 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
Is it at all like Dwarf Fortress yet?

Only in how unoptimized it is.

xanthan1 posted...
Also they affect people in that some of said changes also lead to the eventual API, you know, the thing they're trying to improve the game in preparation for.

They've been saying that since beta over 2 years ago.
#12xanthan1Posted 10/22/2013 8:28:01 PM(edited)
ShadowThaReaper posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
Is it at all like Dwarf Fortress yet?

Only in how unoptimized it is.

xanthan1 posted...
Also they affect people in that some of said changes also lead to the eventual API, you know, the thing they're trying to improve the game in preparation for.

They've been saying that since beta over 2 years ago.

Pretty sure you're talking about when Notch said, and later said he didn't do anything. The people currently working on it have been trying to fix the horrible mess that is MC's code that Notch made first, by doing things like getting better lighting, using a newer version of OpenGL, merging single and multiplayer. It takes time to make the game not be **** in terms its coding before they can make the API, stop being an impatient brat.

Each major update has been doing things to clean up the games code so it can have a good API, the problem is Notch made the game and frankly his code was ****, hence the time it takes to fix something, debug it, make it run well, and then do it for another part before they can make a plugin API.
#13SteamsterPosted 10/22/2013 8:47:56 PM
ShadowThaReaper is a joke poster, in case you weren't aware.
#14KeeperofthedarkPosted 10/22/2013 8:49:34 PM
Steamster posted...

Yeah. He's kind of awful.
#15ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/22/2013 9:13:05 PM
xanthan1 posted...
It takes time to make the game not be **** in terms its coding before they can make the API, stop being an impatient brat.

Been waiting years, now. I'd say I'm more than patient.

Steamster posted...

I guess nobody is allowed to disagree with you without being a joke?
#16SteamsterPosted 10/22/2013 9:15:04 PM
The "oh so having a different opinion is trolling/joke? uh huh" line is literally your kind's first lesson in responding to being called a troll.

It's trite, it's weak, it's easy. Get better and I'll call you a joke in a positive sense.
#17ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/22/2013 9:19:23 PM
Steamster posted...
The "oh so having a different opinion is trolling/joke? uh huh" line is literally your kind's first lesson in responding to being called a troll.

It's trite, it's weak, it's easy. Get better and I'll call you a joke in a positive sense.

You remind me of kids on facebook who go around calling everything "trolling". Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling.
#18Kokuei05Posted 10/22/2013 9:24:16 PM
Good. I was sick of all the snapshot servers.
---
Girls are scary.
#19lionheart5656Posted 10/22/2013 9:53:39 PM
xanthan1 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
I'm confident in saying that it probably does nothing to real significance and only adds more bull**** that people who like to play with legos will use even though I have no idea what the update is.

Better world generation, more biomes, more types of trees, rosebushes, etc, etc. Also a lot of under the hood changes that most people don't care but allow for map makers to make better maps, IE the kind of stuff Hypixel has been making compared to things made in older versions.

Keep talking out your ass, I'm sure it won't just end like when you tried to talk about Skullgirls or the pills in The Binding of Isaac. You know, you ignoring reality.

haha I remember those. Surprised you're still holding a grudge.

I was just curious how good an argument I could make based off basically nothing. I think I did pretty well.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#20xanthan1Posted 10/23/2013 5:21:39 AM(edited)
lionheart5656 posted...
xanthan1 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
I'm confident in saying that it probably does nothing to real significance and only adds more bull**** that people who like to play with legos will use even though I have no idea what the update is.

Better world generation, more biomes, more types of trees, rosebushes, etc, etc. Also a lot of under the hood changes that most people don't care but allow for map makers to make better maps, IE the kind of stuff Hypixel has been making compared to things made in older versions.

Keep talking out your ass, I'm sure it won't just end like when you tried to talk about Skullgirls or the pills in The Binding of Isaac. You know, you ignoring reality.

haha I remember those. Surprised you're still holding a grudge.

I was just curious how good an argument I could make based off basically nothing. I think I did pretty well.

2 things.

1. Learn what grudge means.
2.You didn't do well, you made yourself look like a fool who is literally unable to perceive reality. Learn what pretty well means.