This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Minecraft 1.7 Update is out!

#41pothocketPosted 10/24/2013 5:31:56 AM
Rexdragon125 posted...
Oh no, someone doesn't like Minecraft, insult their creativity.

Oh no, someone made a topic about Minecraft. I better ignore the actual discussion and tell everyone why I don't like Minecraft.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#42ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/24/2013 7:37:16 AM
pothocket posted...
tell everyone why I don't like Minecraft.

That's a part of discussion, pumpkin.
#43Super_Thug44Posted 10/24/2013 7:41:02 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
Sounds like you're bitter.

Don't be mad because I schooled you using the official site while you couldn't do anything other than say I was wrong.

Get on my level.

Grudge - a persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury.

You holding a grudge bro unless you're saying that you're permanently mad at life. Either way I win again.

I don't think you understand what a grudge is bro. Referencing something when trying to make a point doesn't mean he holds resentment towards you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Sophie's #1 Fan!
#44HydroCannabinolPosted 10/24/2013 7:42:24 AM
Rexdragon125 posted...
Thing is, people treat Minecraft like a 3D modeling program. Well, it's the MSPaint of modeling programs. Whenever I see some elaborate build, it makes me sad they didn't bother to learn something like Blender. The build would have looked ten times better and be done in a tenth of the time. Then you can import your model into your favorite engine, like Source, Unreal, Torque etc. and have a blast walking around in it and spawning enemies.

Want to build landscapes? Use Terragen. Looks way better than Minecraft will be capable of.

http://www.wallpaperpie.com/img/2013/07/terragen-the-way-god-made-me.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Terragen_render.jpg

Like exploring? Try out Space Engine. It's basically a universe simulator. All known stars and planets are in it, and every unknown is procedurally generated. You can zoom down to the surface level of planets and see amazing landscapes.

Like to make computers? Use an actual hardware design language, or something that lets you drag and drop logic gates. That software exists! No sane person would tediously lay out every logic gate by hand in redstone.

You can do a lot of things in Minecraft, but it's good at absolutely nothing.

This sums it up perfectly.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#45pothocketPosted 10/24/2013 7:56:47 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
pothocket posted...
tell everyone why I don't like Minecraft.

That's a part of discussion, pumpkin.

Are you so lost in your troll fantasies that your forgot this discussion was about the 1.7 update and no one gives a **** about your opinion of the game?
---
#46ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/24/2013 7:58:02 AM
pothocket posted...
Are you so lost in your troll fantasies that your forgot this discussion was about the 1.7 update and no one gives a **** about your opinion of the game?

Are you so butthurt that you forget that topics don't have to be about 1 thing only?
#47Super_Thug44Posted 10/24/2013 7:59:27 AM
Rexdragon125 posted...
Thing is, people treat Minecraft like a 3D modeling program. Well, it's the MSPaint of modeling programs. Whenever I see some elaborate build, it makes me sad they didn't bother to learn something like Blender. The build would have looked ten times better and be done in a tenth of the time. Then you can import your model into your favorite engine, like Source, Unreal, Torque etc. and have a blast walking around in it and spawning enemies.

Want to build landscapes? Use Terragen. Looks way better than Minecraft will be capable of.

http://www.wallpaperpie.com/img/2013/07/terragen-the-way-god-made-me.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Terragen_render.jpg

Like exploring? Try out Space Engine. It's basically a universe simulator. All known stars and planets are in it, and every unknown is procedurally generated. You can zoom down to the surface level of planets and see amazing landscapes.

Like to make computers? Use an actual hardware design language, or something that lets you drag and drop logic gates. That software exists! No sane person would tediously lay out every logic gate by hand in redstone.

You can do a lot of things in Minecraft, but it's good at absolutely nothing.

You don't seem to understand how basic and simple Minecraft is. It's for people who enjoy putting things block by block. Why would you want to "learn" how to do something in another program, and then have to learn how to export that into another program just to achieve the same thing? Terragen is cool but what else can you do with it? Space Engine is cool but aside from "looking" at stuff, what else can you do with it?

And it's kind of cool when you think about how people have designed calculators and miniature video games within a game like Minecraft. It's just a hobby for some people. And it's a hobby that anyone can learn and not have to worry about a learning curve of any sorts.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Sophie's #1 Fan!
#48pothocketPosted 10/24/2013 8:15:20 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
pothocket posted...

Are you so butthurt that you forget that topics don't have to be about 1 thing only?

Well, one thing I didn't forget about is that I can ignore users. Welcome to the list.
---
#49ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/24/2013 8:17:37 AM
pothocket posted...
Well, one thing I didn't forget about is that I can ignore users. Welcome to the list.

Minecraft fanboys, ladies and gentleman.
#50Rexdragon125Posted 10/24/2013 9:14:03 AM
Learning Blender and importing models into game engines is easy, it's just that Minecraft players would rather spend hours doing something useless than spend the mental energy to learn new things. And Space Engine is currently being turned into a game, as you can currently fly custom made ships around in it. Seems Terragen can now export maps into game engines. Same with Space Engine, but I haven't looked into it.