This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good FPS vs Bad FPS (Lets list out the good ones)

#51someguyshandPosted 10/23/2013 4:56:17 PM
Someone here before had a good pic about ADS before. Does anyone here have it still?
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif
#52Worknofun370Posted 10/23/2013 4:59:13 PM
DerPancake posted...
Worknofun370 posted...

Fair enough, designed was obviously not the correct word. You can just change that to, makes the most sense on consoles.

As I said, I was attempting to do the argument I read justice, I failed. :)

I don't think consoles need ADS, the aim assist controllers get is enough to give them precision. ADS is just a mechanic to make games a little more realistic.

Fair enough, I can see that point of view.
#53nightcolaPosted 10/23/2013 5:01:37 PM
What I hate is infinite spawns and imo that makes a bad FPS.

CoD games are ok (apart from infinite spawn areas) You can die very quickly in those games so health regen is fine besides we are not all elitist masochists. I liked COD 2 best as that was heavy on action and not so much on scripting and no infinite spawns. COD is fine but not the best FPS genre for sure. I think it gets alot of hate because of its community and its success.
---
The numbers are telling me to play Call of Duty.
#54TimePharaohPosted 10/23/2013 5:03:31 PM
nightcola posted...
What I hate is infinite spawns and imo that makes a bad FPS.

CoD games are ok (apart from infinite spawn areas) You can die very quickly in those games so health regen is fine besides we are not all elitist masochists. I liked COD 2 best as that was heavy on action and not so much on scripting and no infinite spawns. COD is fine but not the best FPS genre for sure. I think it gets alot of hate because of its community and its success.

*looks at sig*
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#55k debonairPosted 10/23/2013 5:10:51 PM
Nicodimus posted...
UT 2004 is the greatest FPS of all time.

This right here.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#56Carbon_DeoxxysPosted 10/23/2013 7:26:52 PM
AS someone who bought cod4-9

I have to admit i love the multiplayer and Battlefield 3 has fun multiplayer but I cant stand the campaigns, I find them boring.

Something I wish they'd bring back in Multiplayer FPS games is NOT having custom classes, i liked games where the weapons were lying around the map. Counterstrike also is unique and fun with its buying system.

I think Halo 3 is a perfect example of a game without custom classes with fun multiplayer.

Its not fps but I loved uncharted 2's multiplayer
#57DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/23/2013 11:07:16 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Except there are good FPS with health regen.

I would love some examples.

Far Cry 3.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#58EpicKingdom_Posted 10/25/2013 7:05:58 PM
GOOD = Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 or Half Life 2.
BAD = Halo 3.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#59Orestes417Posted 10/25/2013 7:11:08 PM(edited)
DerPancake posted...
Worknofun370 posted...

Fair enough, designed was obviously not the correct word. You can just change that to, makes the most sense on consoles.

As I said, I was attempting to do the argument I read justice, I failed. :)

I don't think consoles need ADS, the aim assist controllers get is enough to give them precision. ADS is just a mechanic to make games a little more realistic.

Indeed. I find it incredibly annoying to play games that use real guns that can't be ADS'd just for the aesthetics of it, even if the ADS didn't have any actual effect on aim. Running around hipfiring ARs just bugs the hell out of me.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#60NotQuiteAFreakPosted 10/25/2013 7:22:14 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Except there are good FPS with health regen.

I would love some examples.

Far Cry 3.

Blended health regen with health packs.
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010