This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good FPS vs Bad FPS (Lets list out the good ones)

#61petran78Posted 10/26/2013 6:22:05 AM
DerPancake posted...

Because health packs and ammo is hard to find in Unreal Tournament lol...also comparing weapon variety in a fantasy fps vs a military fps. If UT was so hardcore, there shouldnt even be a way to recover health.

COD is more fantasy than UT....
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#62DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/26/2013 10:36:32 AM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Except there are good FPS with health regen.

I would love some examples.

Far Cry 3.

Blended health regen with health packs.

Still had health regen. I wouldn't really call stims healthpacks, either.

A mechanic does not make a game bad.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#63JKatarnPosted 10/26/2013 12:23:57 PM
DerPancake posted...
TotalBiscuits point is dumb...

He is comparing a fictional fps to a military fps, why didn't he compare it to Borderlands?

Sorry but in this video all his rants made TB look like an ignorant fool.

This is Youtube we're talking about, you don't have to be intelligent, you just have to be entertaining/have some schtick to get viewers.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#64DaedalusExPosted 10/26/2013 12:39:07 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Bad mechanics make for bad gameplay. I suppose regenerating health by itself doesn't ruin a game, but its presence is almost always accompanied by a host of other bad mechanics, e.g. the inexplicable ability to see enemies through walls.
#65torres007Posted 10/26/2013 1:14:45 PM
Nicodimus posted...
UT 2004 is the greatest FPS of all time.

This. I still play every other week or so when I can find a game. My first game I had with broadband internet.
---
Torres man get a sig.
#66LordOfLegaciesPosted 10/26/2013 1:17:02 PM
Having a problem with ADS really, really stupid.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#67DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/26/2013 2:39:22 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Bad mechanics make for bad gameplay. I suppose regenerating health by itself doesn't ruin a game, but its presence is almost always accompanied by a host of other bad mechanics, e.g. the inexplicable ability to see enemies through walls.

That's not a bad mechanic either. Poorly used mechanics can make a game bad, but the abstract idea that is a mechanic is almost never inherently universally bad.
---
Want that Shield!
#68KeyeszxPosted 10/26/2013 5:11:07 PM
What was original about Bioshock's weapons? Pretty standard guns and spells. Sure the levitation was fun to play with but it really served no purpose nor was it unique. Why is Metroid Prime always forgotten as a first person shooter? Bioshock exploration of Rapture is nothing compared to Metroid 1 and 2's exploration.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#69DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/26/2013 5:19:33 PM
Keyeszx posted...
What was original about Bioshock's weapons? Pretty standard guns and spells. Sure the levitation was fun to play with but it really served no purpose nor was it unique. Why is Metroid Prime always forgotten as a first person shooter? Bioshock exploration of Rapture is nothing compared to Metroid 1 and 2's exploration.

Because when you mention Metroid Prime being a FPS, or any kind of shooting game at all, a bajillion bitter Nintendo fanbrats will find the topic and rage about how it's a first person ADVENTURE, and not an action game of any kind.
---
Want that Shield!