This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tablet to HDMI? Does it work?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Tablet to HDMI? Does it work?
2 years ago#1
Will be having a presentation in a couple months and will be needing to have only simple pictures to illustrate and keep my co-ordinated throughout the procedure.

They will have a projector with a hdmi cable and a VGA.

I been looking up HDMI to micro usb converters but wonder if they would work on my tablet? All I have is a micro usb and headphone port. All it needs to be capable of doing is simply displaying pictures though.

My tablet is using a android 4.2 jellybean if that factors into it.

Would a simple converter work? Would I need to find a special app? Or am I out of luck and need to buy either a tablet with a hdmi port or a tablet for the presentation?
---
http://14thlord.blogspot.com/2013/09/7-reasons-wii-u-flopped-at-launch.html
7 Reasons why the Wii U's Launch failed.
2 years ago#2
Really depends on the tablet.
---
Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom. STEAM ID: Silentmark1138
2 years ago#3
Whatever you do, don't buy the cable beforehand and test it out. Everything works the first time you try, especially if you don't know what you're doing.
---
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.
2 years ago#4
WeaponX1138 posted...
Really depends on the tablet.

This, for example, I'm pretty sure my old Nexus 7 can't do it, not unless I root it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
2 years ago#5
It depends on the tablet... some even have a micro-HDMI port.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Tablet to HDMI? Does it work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived