This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tablet to HDMI? Does it work?

#1Sk2k52Posted 10/22/2013 11:26:24 PM
Will be having a presentation in a couple months and will be needing to have only simple pictures to illustrate and keep my co-ordinated throughout the procedure.

They will have a projector with a hdmi cable and a VGA.

I been looking up HDMI to micro usb converters but wonder if they would work on my tablet? All I have is a micro usb and headphone port. All it needs to be capable of doing is simply displaying pictures though.

My tablet is using a android 4.2 jellybean if that factors into it.

Would a simple converter work? Would I need to find a special app? Or am I out of luck and need to buy either a tablet with a hdmi port or a tablet for the presentation?
---
http://14thlord.blogspot.com/2013/09/7-reasons-wii-u-flopped-at-launch.html
7 Reasons why the Wii U's Launch failed.
#2WeaponX1138Posted 10/22/2013 11:55:50 PM
Really depends on the tablet.
---
Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom. STEAM ID: Silentmark1138
#3wildog2006Posted 10/23/2013 6:21:55 AM
Whatever you do, don't buy the cable beforehand and test it out. Everything works the first time you try, especially if you don't know what you're doing.
---
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.
#4SinisterSlayPosted 10/23/2013 6:25:39 AM
WeaponX1138 posted...
Really depends on the tablet.

This, for example, I'm pretty sure my old Nexus 7 can't do it, not unless I root it.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#5ShubPosted 10/23/2013 6:34:00 AM
It depends on the tablet... some even have a micro-HDMI port.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.