This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ready to join the PC master race

#11battlfrnt2006(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 10:29:47 AM
Yes, I do see what you mean. But I'm okay with having to upgrade in 3 to 4 years, it honestly is something I expected. I really just need that jumping off point to get myself started, otherwise I probably never will.
---
GT: CapraDaemon / PSN (Vita/PSP): mtllica / SteamID: falloutnut
Now Playing: GTA5, Final Fantasy XIV ARR (PC), Fallout: New Vegas (PC), The Stanley Parable
#12SteamsterPosted 10/23/2013 10:35:04 AM
It's really not that big of a deal to buy a PC right now. Especially if you can get yourself to wait a month for black friday and cyber monday.

I'm not very helpful with picking out parts, but I'm sure someone else can link you a typical build soon enough (or if you browse around you can probably find another thread with a $700 recommendation in it).
#13r0ge00Posted 10/23/2013 10:37:44 AM
The replies in this topic are hilarious. TC said he was ok with running games on medium or whatever. Specs aren't going to get that out of control.

TC, you can build a $550-$600 PC that will play on medium and low for a good long while.
#14zxelmanPosted 10/23/2013 10:38:01 AM
Steamster posted...
It's really not that big of a deal to buy a PC right now. Especially if you can get yourself to wait a month for black friday and cyber monday.

This. Wait until those days to get a much better deal. You'll be much happier.
#15battlfrnt2006(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 10:51:57 AM
r0ge00 posted...
The replies in this topic are hilarious. TC said he was ok with running games on medium or whatever. Specs aren't going to get that out of control.

TC, you can build a $550-$600 PC that will play on medium and low for a good long while.

That was the impression I was getting just looking at some mid range components. Thanks for the feedback thus far, everyone.
---
Now Playing: GTA5, Final Fantasy XIV ARR (PC), Fallout: New Vegas (PC), The Stanley Parable
#16Incendia_IntusPosted 10/23/2013 10:55:59 AM
Lootman posted...
Yeah uh.... Sure you can join us...
Uh...
Just um, uh...
Go out and buy a long weight, you'll um, need it for your PC...
Yeah.

Better pick up a left-handed screwdriver too.
---
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W
#17battlfrnt2006(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 10:56:44 AM
zxelman posted...
Steamster posted...

This. Wait until those days to get a much better deal. You'll be much happier.

Well yeah, I was already planning to wait for sales, I don't plan on going online and buying it tomorrow, I'm really looking for some guidance as someone relatively new to PC gaming. Early 2014 is more my window of when I want to get a PC, still need a bit of time to figure out what I need and get the rest of the money together.
---
#18I_Am_On_FirePosted 10/23/2013 10:59:46 AM
TheOceIot posted...
Do you need a monitor, operating systems, speakers, and/or mouse and keyboard?

---
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64
#19Cosmic_CoyotePosted 10/23/2013 11:46:59 AM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Yeah, the problem is that PCs have been super easy/cheap since the last gen lasted so long. It essentially meant that you really didn't need to upgrade since everything was running on 2005 hardware. If you buy a low/mid tier rig right now, you're going to need to upgrade in 3-4 years because a lot of games are going to use ps4/360 specs as their minimums. Many games are about to see spec hikes. It's basically worst case scenario as far as timing and budget to build a pc.

So which graphic card / processor would you recomend that won´t be needed to be replaced in a short time?
---
"There is no knowledge that is not power"
#20ArkonBladePosted 10/23/2013 11:55:53 AM
battlfrnt2006 posted...
In the past few months, I've really begun to see the bright side of potentially owning a gaming PC over a console. I recently got an Asus notebook that can play some slightly older games at high settings, and have really fallen in love with not only Steam, but mods for games as well. Seeing as how most of the games I play make it to, or are released simultaneously, on PC anyway I am really becoming less interested in Next Gen consoles, and moreso interested in getting a decent gaming PC.

So I ask you this; what would you recommend for a desktop rig for less than $700? I am not opposed to prebuilt systems, as this is all new to me. But any suggestions of where to start are welcome.

You should be fine with a $700 desktop if you shop around for some thing good. If you know some one that can help you build it for you. That might be option as well. Don't buy in to what people are saying on hear unless you are a graphics junkie and want the best. If you re happy just at getting the games to run and run smooth at med setting you should be just fine.

I spent less then that and I can run Titanfall on my LAPTOP! at medium settings. yes I did spec check to see what it would run at.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade