This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ready to join the PC master race

#41KillerzOverHerePosted 10/23/2013 12:58:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#42KenimaticPosted 10/23/2013 12:58:29 PM
Wish I could edit, but yeah your resolution will have part as well. For example if you're gaming at 1600 x 900 you won't need as much horsepower as at 1920 x 1080. For $700 or even slightly under that window, you can get you a build that's pretty solid and something comfortable for your tastes.

Having the ability to mod and have more freedom is already the awesome parts with owning a PC.

I had something else to say, but I forgot what I wanted to say. Maybe it will come back to mind later.
#43KenimaticPosted 10/23/2013 1:02:03 PM
Oh I got it, yeah about AMD. Their CPUs/Mobos are pretty good too, especially on a budget.

I personally have an Intel 3450 myself, but on another build I could see myself using AMD CPU/Mobo combo for the good value. Their quad cores tend to run cheaper than Intel's offerings, and while they may not be better than Intel, they still offer good performance for the money.
#44KenimaticPosted 10/23/2013 1:03:18 PM
Quad, Six, and Eight Cores. Darnit haha.
#45WyzeGyePosted 10/23/2013 1:08:49 PM
I've got a Phenom II 965... It's the next thing that i'll upgrade, but with how well it serves me right now I'm in no rush.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
http://youtu.be/0eSfcUzGTdk
#46battlfrnt2006(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 1:44:28 PM
DerPancake posted...
Buying an i7 is a must. Hyperthreading will save your ass in the next few years.

Thank you for being helpful. Yes, I was thinking of forking out more for the cpu just in case.
---
GT: CapraDaemon / PSN (Vita/PSP): mtllica / SteamID: falloutnut
Now Playing: GTA5, Final Fantasy XIV ARR (PC), Fallout: New Vegas (PC), The Stanley Parable
#47EpicKingdom_Posted 10/23/2013 4:23:12 PM
WyzeGye posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Playing games on medium does not get you in the PC Master Race

Full 2560x1440 or better @ Ultra or GTFO and go back to the Wii U

Edit: Tired of posers who think just because they can run an indie game or maybe a 6 year old game on their PC, that they're a PC gamer. PC Gamers build monster rigs, not prebuilt, low budget pieces of s***

Xeeh... what happened to you? you used to be cool.

Don't listen to him X.. you know who your true friends are.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#48battlfrnt2006(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 4:41:08 PM
WyzeGye posted...
I don't feel like reading all the posts in this topic but I'll tell you what i'd do, or recommend to a friend. Because I like you... can we be friends? no...? oh, alright, jerk.

anyway, Get a Socket AM3+ 125w motherboard and a 650w PSU. Flesh it out from there. Hell even an AMD 7770 would suffice for now and you'd be happy with it.

My reasoning behind the socket is that AMD has said they have no near future plans to phase out AM3+, whereas in the time AMD has used the AM3/+ Intel has had... 4? different sockets.

Don't let anybody tell you that AMD is garbage, sure it's lower tier than Intel, but for gaming on a budget and future upgradability it's a perfect fit.

Asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard
decent 650w PSU
Radeon HD 7850
FX-6350 CPU
1 tb HDD
dvd drive (totally optional)
Case that fits your taste.

That's pretty close to your 700 bucks. and if you wait until black friday/cyber monday(god i hate saying that) you may be able to spring for an SSD or a Radeon 7970

This actually helps a lot. I probably will omit the DVD drive simply because there isn't much point anymore with digital services like Steam and GOG.
---
GT: CapraDaemon / PSN (Vita/PSP): mtllica / SteamID: falloutnut
Now Playing: GTA5, Final Fantasy XIV ARR (PC), Fallout: New Vegas (PC), The Stanley Parable