This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's my PC good for gaming?

#1DivineMagusPosted 10/23/2013 10:44:13 AM
Sorry.. I'm new on PC gaming
Here is my computer specs

Computer: ASUS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
RAM 8GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620

Let me know if I've forgotten to put something else.
#2bsballa09Posted 10/23/2013 10:48:20 AM(edited)
Video card is crap. Also forgot the PSU.
---
Assad is a doctor. It's insulting to suggest any doctor would actively order chemical weapons be employed onto civilians. - jabini
#3SinisterSlayPosted 10/23/2013 10:51:00 AM
That video card is not really a card.

Its what cheap office computers come with to allow for multiple monitors.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4Carbon_DeoxxysPosted 10/23/2013 11:09:50 AM
cpu looks good but that video card im not sure how to judge the quailty of video cards yet
#5_Zero1_Posted 10/23/2013 11:36:57 AM
I am going to take a swing at explaining this, and I could be very wrong. So if you know better, then correct me

First number (6) indicates the chip family/series
Second number (2) indicates which end of the family it comes from, lower number means lower end card, higher number means higher end
Third number (0) indicates overclocked or not by the factory. 0 being stock and 5 being overclocked
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W8| 700GB HDD
#6BogePosted 10/23/2013 2:30:06 PM(edited)
The third, or last number, really doesn't mean anything. I have a 670 overclocked from Gigabyte. It's not a 675 or anything like that. It's a 670, but overclocked. They usually indicate the overclock by an OC or SC at the end, such as GTX 670 SC. That's just an example. Different companies do it their own way.

I'm not sure I've seen a desktop video card with a 5 at the end since the 275 and 295 that I can recall. That's typically just found on laptops I believe.

Basically that's right though. That's not the whole story though, but basically, yeah.

Anyway, DivineMagus, I'm guessing you bought that as a prebuilt from somewhere, which probably means your power supply (PSU) is junk and as others have said, your video card isn't good for gaming.

You'd have to buy both (assuming your PSU is junk). For a decent video card, you're looking at $200+ with more money comes more power obviously. And a decent power supply will cost you roughly $80 give or take $20 I'd say.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#7Tommy2GoGoPosted 10/23/2013 2:44:24 PM
Boge posted...
The third, or last number, really doesn't mean anything. I have a 670 overclocked from Gigabyte. It's not a 675 or anything like that. It's a 670, but overclocked. They usually indicate the overclock by an OC or SC at the end, such as GTX 670 SC. That's just an example. Different companies do it their own way.

I'm not sure I've seen a desktop video card with a 5 at the end since the 275 and 295 that I can recall. That's typically just found on laptops I believe.

Basically that's right though. That's not the whole story though, but basically, yeah.

Anyway, DivineMagus, I'm guessing you bought that as a prebuilt from somewhere, which probably means your power supply (PSU) is junk and as others have said, your video card isn't good for gaming.

You'd have to buy both (assuming your PSU is junk). For a decent video card, you're looking at $200+ with more money comes more power obviously. And a decent power supply will cost you roughly $80 give or take $20 I'd say.

^ Pretty much that.
First, I'd recommend to check your PSU. JUst open up your desktop and it will show you on the PSU. Not hard to notice.