This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Skyrim as fun as YOU make it?

#1NfuzedXGamerPosted 10/23/2013 11:22:23 AM
I still have not bothered to buy skyrim, Never even played it, but seeing as how i have anew computer almost finished (just waiting for price drop on GTX 770's after the new 780 TI releases) im purchasing new and better games.

Im starting to love rpg's now as im looking forward to witcher 3 wild hunt and even DA:Inquisition, my question is this. Is skyrim simply as fun as you the player make it? I have played both Fallout 3 and NV and enjoyed both i know theyre somewhat similar. So in closing i have 3 main questions

1. Is character customization deep? Skill points upgrades appearance etc.
2. Are the quests and side quests interesting?
3. Is the game really deep? Im looking into purchasing the legendary edition next steam sale, and im curious exactly how huge is the worlds and expansions and is the whole fun to the game exploration?
#2HydroCannabinolPosted 10/23/2013 11:22:55 AM
It's a fun game on it's own, but it's the worst TES game in the series so far.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#3Ha_D00DPosted 10/23/2013 11:25:06 AM
Extensive modding required.
---
HAF 922 | i5 3570k@4.3ghz | Hyper 212 Evo | P8Z77-V LK | Sapphire 7970 DualX@1150/1600 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | SeaSonic 620w | Mushkin120GB |AND I PLAY CONSOLES
#4ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/23/2013 11:26:07 AM
NfuzedXGamer posted...
1. Is character customization deep? Skill points upgrades appearance etc.
2. Are the quests and side quests interesting?
3. Is the game really deep?

No
No
No
#5NfuzedXGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 11:28:59 AM
So basically can you pick a race to play as and simply just customize your character to however you see fit? example if i playa s a human i can create him to be great in sword and shield combat, or playa s elven and be a stealthy hunter player? Cuz ive watched some gameplay and it seems like its vast with tons of terrain to explore but i want to know if its fun to explore? Cuz fallout's world was bland to be honest,

Last question- How often can you come across horses? I dont mind a walk in the woods but i know skyrims world is massive in scale and id prefer horseback if i could.
#6SinisterSlayPosted 10/23/2013 11:30:43 AM
NfuzedXGamer posted...
So basically can you pick a race to play as and simply just customize your character to however you see fit? example if i playa s a human i can create him to be great in sword and shield combat, or playa s elven and be a stealthy hunter player? Cuz ive watched some gameplay and it seems like its vast with tons of terrain to explore but i want to know if its fun to explore? Cuz fallout's world was bland to be honest,

Last question- How often can you come across horses? I dont mind a walk in the woods but i know skyrims world is massive in scale and id prefer horseback if i could.

There are horses at each town.

Horses are only slight faster than walking. If you hate wandering around, use fast travel instead.

There is also a nice conjure horse spell you can download that lets you create a horse whenever you want. And the horse moves a lot faster.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7NfuzedXGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 11:30:44 AM
@Shadow reaper- I take it you didnt like the game? It has mixed praise from fans but got massive review scores but i trust PLAYERS opinions not pro review scores
#8LootmanPosted 10/23/2013 11:32:57 AM
NfuzedXGamer posted...

Uh well

You pick from each race, they are beneficial at the start but just become cosmetic later on because their traits aren't that beneficial.
There's a fairly dang large range of weapons, You've got two handed and one handed, you can duel wield or have a shield, play stealth, caster, warrior, whatever.
There's no real defined class system, there's a range of talent trees you spend points into as you level.
The quests are (generally) go into x dungeon get x item or go into x place steal x thing, Oblivion was much better, the guilds are pretty interesting though.
You can become a warewolf or vampire... I guess they're nice.
The characters themselves have a lot of facial customisation available.
---
\(._.)/ Kanakiri posted...
._.)/ I think you broke Lootman guys
#9Orestes417Posted 10/23/2013 11:33:15 AM
I would say there is literally nothing I could do to make that series fun, but then I realized I've never tried modding it into a Cenobite putt putt golf simulator
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#10squidgy617Posted 10/23/2013 11:34:11 AM
NfuzedXGamer posted...

Character customization is very good. With enough effort you can really make your character look very unique and original. And yes, even though each race has bonuses in certain stats, those are really only to give you a head start. You can easily make any race viable with any playstyle.

I very much enjoy exploring Skyrim's world, there are lots of discoveries to be made. Mods make it much, much better though. Things like "More NPCs in the Wild" are really enjoyable.

Horses you don't stumble upon too often, but once you buy one you can use it any time. I highly recommend "More Convenient Horses" or that one "Horse Whistle" mod or whatever. They allow you to call your horse to you at any time. Otherwise, they only fast travel to certain areas with you IIRC.