This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Wilderness Survival games?

#31Knight2520Posted 10/23/2013 7:27:05 PM
DiehardFFv2 posted...
Monkeymage posted...
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
variety of English countryside biomes

countryside biomes

biomes

Minecraft has ruined peoples' brains

https://www.google.com/search?q=biomes&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs

Biomes are climatically and geographically defined as contiguous areas with similar climatic conditions on the Earth, such as communities of plants, animals, and soil organisms, and are often referred to as ecosystems.

definitely incorrectly used.
---
If AMD goes down Intel might safely release i9 for $300 and i7 for $200 and i5 for $100 and i3 for free. - su27Chaos<
#32TimePharaohPosted 10/23/2013 7:30:15 PM(edited)
Knight2520 posted...
Biomes are climatically and geographically defined as contiguous areas with similar climatic conditions on the Earth, such as communities of plants, animals, and soil organisms, and are often referred to as ecosystems.

definitely incorrectly used.

Are you telling me that "Rural" and "Industrial" aren't vastly different climates and ecosystems?

lolgeographynoob
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere
#33Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/23/2013 8:23:14 PM
Monkeymage posted...
Yeah, and? All the islands are the British countryside. Just because one procedurally generated map has more rocks and the other has more trees doesn't mean they're different "biomes".

OH MAN, CHECK OUT THIS BIOME, SO MUCH FOG. THIS BIOME HAS RAIN.

In this context it feels as though biome is being used interchangably with "level" or "area".

First off, when you're criticizing someone's vocabulary, misspelling words makes you look like a fool. It's interchangeably, not "interchangably."

Second the three biomes that the game has so far are fenlands, mountains, and rural countryside, all of which can be considered biomes due to the fact that the vegetation varies greatly between the three and because each will produce distinct adaptations in the organisms which inhabit it.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#34dioxxys(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 8:41:33 PM
^guys guys we are talking about a VIDEOGAME here this isn't real life.
#35xanthan1Posted 10/23/2013 8:49:00 PM
dioxxys posted...
^guys guys we are talking about a VIDEOGAME here this isn't real life.

And that excuses the guy being an ass when he doesn't even know what he's talking about because.....