This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

30USD OFF Your Laptop Purchase INSTANTLY at Checkout

#1RemixDeluxePosted 10/23/2013 11:56:38 AM
I got this email and I have till the end of the day to use it. I really don't like laptops and I would much prefer to have a desktop instead. Can this $30 credit go to anything desktop related?

Anyone else get this deal?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2NicoC96Posted 10/23/2013 11:59:53 AM
What?
#3RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 12:01:12 PM
NicoC96 posted...
What?

Stuff
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#4KillerTrufflePosted 10/23/2013 12:01:44 PM
I'm sorry. It seems you have confused GameFAQs with the customer service department of whatever the hell you're talking about.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 12:05:14 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
I'm sorry. It seems you have confused GameFAQs with the customer service department of whatever the hell you're talking about.

Its a deal from newegg. I realize now I didn't mention that. Wanted to know if anyone else got it.

P.S. thank you for taking the time to use more than one word.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#6Eclypse9810Posted 10/23/2013 12:09:21 PM
RemixDeluxe posted...
Can this $30 credit go to anything desktop related?

Hmm. . . I guess you can buy a laptop with the biggest HD or SSD, buy that using the $30 off, remove it from the laptop and mount it into your desktop (order some mounts that fit the smaller size at the same time), and throw away the remainder of the laptop.

Yeah, that'll work, go ahead and do that.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
#7ein311Posted 10/23/2013 12:10:06 PM
*Up to a maximum discount of $30.00 per order. No minimum purchase required. Ultrabooks, Chromebooks and items sold by Newegg Marketplace sellers do not qualify. Only one promo code per account; valid only with qualifying completed checkout. Qualifying order must be placed on Newegg.com between 12:01 am PT (Pacific Time) on October 23, 2013 and 11:59 pm PT on October 24, 2013. Promotion expires at 11:59PM PT October 24, 2013 or SOONER based on fund availability.

And everything about the deal says "Laptop" purchase. So no, you can't use it on a desktop. Or an Ultrabook. Or a Chromebook. Or a marketplace item.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#8Master_BassPosted 10/23/2013 12:10:21 PM
If they say it's for laptops then chances are its for laptops only. It would state somewhere that it could be used for desktops if that was the case. Also, $30 isn't even that much so I wouldn't feel bad about not using it if you have no interest in a laptop.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#9RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 12:10:40 PM
Eclypse9810 posted...
RemixDeluxe posted...

Hmm. . . I guess you can buy a laptop with the biggest HD or SSD, buy that using the $30 off, remove it from the laptop and mount it into your desktop (order some mounts that fit the smaller size at the same time), and throw away the remainder of the laptop.

That sounds really awful Wth.

Well I guess that means no then.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#10d209999Posted 10/23/2013 12:56:32 PM
RemixDeluxe posted...
Eclypse9810 posted...
RemixDeluxe posted...

That sounds really awful Wth.

Well I guess that means no then.

I don't see how you could have expected otherwise.
---
*under construction*