This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Holy crap, the 290X gets up to 94 degrees C under load!

#11schadowPosted 10/24/2013 4:40:15 AM
KtuluheroII posted...
schadow posted...
KtuluheroII posted...
>C
>Not using K

Top lel

Using absolute temperature in a context where it's completely unnecessary is bad science.

Stay pleb.

But you're the one doing all the pleb moves.
---
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.
#12TwinqePosted 10/24/2013 5:18:05 AM
MasterDonGero posted...
Twinqe posted...
I always want to use newer AMD cards, but the power consumption really bothers me. :(

At most, the R9 290X system pulls ~60W than a Titan system. That's hardly a deal breaker.

I don't like using electricity :(
---
3DS FC: 4511-1880-0614
#13LostHisHardcorePosted 10/24/2013 5:22:53 AM
If I was going to spend 500 or more on a GPU I wouldn't be worrying about the electricity it uses.
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#14aak57Posted 10/24/2013 6:08:10 AM
cookin dem eggs ^_^

Snuckie7 posted...
It'd be more appropriate if you replaced "290X" with "the 290X reference cooler".

pretty weak damage control, tbh
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#15SinisterSlayPosted 10/24/2013 7:08:09 AM
Perfect, now I can roast marshmellows while I play games.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#16Xeeh_BitzPosted 10/24/2013 7:16:14 AM(edited)
SinisterSlay posted...

Heat your house also

The sad thing is, these tests were done on a test bench... otherwords, open.. temps probably be worse inside a case

Edit: During the summer you'll be roasting your nuts with that thing lol
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
#17SinisterSlayPosted 10/24/2013 7:19:11 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Heat your house also

The sad thing is, these tests were done on a test bench... otherwords, open.. temps probably be worse inside a case

Edit: During the summer you'll be roasting your nuts with that thing lol

Wow

But, my 9600gt does that, it's manageable. My case has 1 side fan and 2 rear fans.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#18sefsefsefsefPosted 10/24/2013 7:31:12 AM
It's designed to always try to run at 95C (or 1GHz, whichever comes first), regardless of what cooler is on it. A better cooler won't lower its temperature below 95C, but it will allow it to hit 1GHz more often. Water cooling will probably allow 1GHz all the time with lower temperatures.

Also, why don't people understand the relationship between temperature, thermal energy, and power?
#19AlleRacingPosted 10/24/2013 7:33:08 AM
KtuluheroII posted...
>C
>Not using K

Top lel

You know that we've reached temperatures below what used to be considered absolute zero, right? The Kelvin scale doesn't carry much meaning any more.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#20SinisterSlayPosted 10/24/2013 7:33:59 AM
sefsefsefsef posted...
It's designed to always try to run at 95C (or 1GHz, whichever comes first), regardless of what cooler is on it. A better cooler won't lower its temperature below 95C, but it will allow it to hit 1GHz more often. Water cooling will probably allow 1GHz all the time with lower temperatures.

Also, why don't people understand the relationship between temperature, thermal energy, and power?

Wait it's overclocking then underclocking itself?

That's going to be a stutter fest.
---