This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Holy crap, the 290X gets up to 94 degrees C under load!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Holy crap, the 290X gets up to 94 degrees C under load!
3 years ago#11
KtuluheroII posted...
schadow posted...
KtuluheroII posted...
>C
>Not using K

Top lel

Using absolute temperature in a context where it's completely unnecessary is bad science.

Stay pleb.

But you're the one doing all the pleb moves.
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.
3 years ago#12
MasterDonGero posted...
Twinqe posted...
I always want to use newer AMD cards, but the power consumption really bothers me. :(

At most, the R9 290X system pulls ~60W than a Titan system. That's hardly a deal breaker.

I don't like using electricity :(
3DS FC: 4511-1880-0614
3 years ago#13
If I was going to spend 500 or more on a GPU I wouldn't be worrying about the electricity it uses.
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
3 years ago#14
cookin dem eggs ^_^

Snuckie7 posted...
It'd be more appropriate if you replaced "290X" with "the 290X reference cooler".

pretty weak damage control, tbh
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
3 years ago#15
Perfect, now I can roast marshmellows while I play games.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#16
SinisterSlay posted...

Heat your house also

The sad thing is, these tests were done on a test bench... otherwords, open.. temps probably be worse inside a case

Edit: During the summer you'll be roasting your nuts with that thing lol
Best Windows ever, Windows 8.1!
3 years ago#17
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Heat your house also

The sad thing is, these tests were done on a test bench... otherwords, open.. temps probably be worse inside a case

Edit: During the summer you'll be roasting your nuts with that thing lol

Wow

But, my 9600gt does that, it's manageable. My case has 1 side fan and 2 rear fans.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#18
It's designed to always try to run at 95C (or 1GHz, whichever comes first), regardless of what cooler is on it. A better cooler won't lower its temperature below 95C, but it will allow it to hit 1GHz more often. Water cooling will probably allow 1GHz all the time with lower temperatures.

Also, why don't people understand the relationship between temperature, thermal energy, and power?
3 years ago#19
KtuluheroII posted...
>C
>Not using K

Top lel

You know that we've reached temperatures below what used to be considered absolute zero, right? The Kelvin scale doesn't carry much meaning any more.
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
3 years ago#20
sefsefsefsef posted...
It's designed to always try to run at 95C (or 1GHz, whichever comes first), regardless of what cooler is on it. A better cooler won't lower its temperature below 95C, but it will allow it to hit 1GHz more often. Water cooling will probably allow 1GHz all the time with lower temperatures.

Also, why don't people understand the relationship between temperature, thermal energy, and power?

Wait it's overclocking then underclocking itself?

That's going to be a stutter fest.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Holy crap, the 290X gets up to 94 degrees C under load!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived