This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Jesus... am I so out of touch, or is gaming up its own arse lately? -_- (Gender)

#11SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/24/2013 5:36:25 AM
And another thing... why is it always up to men to fulfill the desires of these women? Is it that hard to make a game? Is it really?
Is it that hard to believe that a man might find it easier to imagine himself as a man in some absurd situation than as a woman? Especially when he knows his female characters will be scrutinized for any possible character flaw (and not having flaws is also a flaw because of some insane feminist theory about male fantasies like everything else) and will never be accepted as good characters, while it literally matters not a f*** how he creates a male character any way he wants, people will accept it for what it is.

Too much common sense there.

Mind if I quote it in the future? Because it basically sums up how I feel about it
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#12PhilOnDezPosted 10/24/2013 5:53:29 AM
Seanirl posted...
And another thing... why is it always up to men to fulfill the desires of these women? Is it that hard to make a game? Is it really?

Female characters written by women get just as much hate, there's no pleasing some people. My favorite example (not directly gaming related though she is in Marvel vs Capcom) is X-23 being described as 'literally wolverine with [breasts](couldn't use the word they used)' when that's honestly extremely far from the truth. Every wolverine origin I've read has him starting out as a fairly nice, if aggressive, guy who has everything taken away from him and he ends up a loner until joining the xmen and rediscovering his softer side. X-23 was raised alone as a weapon, tries to join the xmen and leaves because she can't handle being around people, she doesn't have a soft side to discover.

Add on top of that that she's 10x the fighter wolverine is, doesn't need anyone to take care of her or watch out for her, is damn nearly as ugly as wolverine is outside of the rare occasions where she's relaxed, written by one of the best female writers in the business, and she's still 'a weak character designed to appeal to adolescent male fantasies.'
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#13Fenrir423Posted 10/24/2013 6:00:53 AM
At one point the argument was just that female characters needed to be characters and not MacGuffins or sales boosting boob carriers, but, like always on the internet, a vocal minority decided to take it to eleven and they got a lot of traction.
---
"The sun is a rock, dammit!"
#14UnderwaterAirPosted 10/24/2013 7:57:41 AM
They want to attack our vidya games!? I say we take the war to their romance novels. D:

Not a single god damned respectable and believable male character in a single romance novel since before dinosaurs walked the Earth.
Real.
#15ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/24/2013 8:01:32 AM
Feminists don't use logic. Arguing and thinking about it will only hurt you.

Avoid Reddit, Polygon, Kotaku, RockPaperShotgun, PC Gamer, and pretty much every other video game "journalist" site. Video games are filled with the type of white knight neckbeards that spout this kind of self-important nonsense.

This is what happens when a generation grows yup without facing any real hardships. Any love for the poor starving Africans, or the poor Afghan women being killed? Hell no.

Would you like to know the best part? The biggest group of supporters for this type of trash are straight, white, males. They are self-hating bigots.
#16bigboss719Posted 10/24/2013 8:04:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJGkG1g-Lk&feature=c4-overview&list=UU_c1gdsojLxBGkgzS0NsvUw
#17MasterDonGeroPosted 10/24/2013 8:27:03 AM
The people that bother me are those who think pointing out the general differences between men and women is sexist.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#18self-immolationPosted 10/24/2013 8:37:02 AM
as a tangent, it applies to women in the industry. anyone in a cs program would know that there are barely any girls. ignoring the foreign girls from china who head back to their home country after graduation, out of a class of fifty, there are at most 5 girls in any cs major course.

and then feminist garbage cry about underrepresentation in the pc industry, why everything is a gigantic sausage fest. remember that feminist attention whore who reported two dudes at a conference for making sexual innuendo jokes between each other, but her nosy self threw herself into their convo, and then got them fired behind their backs? it's a sausage fest because it is a goddamn sausage fest in computing world, deal with it

if over half the women on any given university campus weren't taking garbage like spanish literature in the 1500s and sociology maybe the interests of women would be in the field. this is a man dominated field. the things men design for the benefit of the world are designed with an unsurprisingly man's viewpoint. it doesn't help that english software development is dominantly done by america. most of the native girls from america are all taking dumb useless majors. i went to a predominantly engineering school and most of them were taking crap in the arts. only the foreign girls from arab countries, india, china were actually studying in sciences and mathematics
---
SMELL THE GASOLINE
I LIGHT THE FIRE INSIDE
#19lionheart5656Posted 10/24/2013 9:05:45 AM
That's what happens when you raise a generation to be a bunch of sissies.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#20blade6321Posted 10/24/2013 9:26:23 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Feminists don't use logic. Arguing and thinking about it will only hurt you.

Avoid Reddit, Polygon, Kotaku, RockPaperShotgun, PC Gamer, and pretty much every other video game "journalist" site. Video games are filled with the type of white knight neckbeards that spout this kind of self-important nonsense.

This is what happens when a generation grows yup without facing any real hardships. Any love for the poor starving Africans, or the poor Afghan women being killed? Hell no.

Would you like to know the best part? The biggest group of supporters for this type of trash are straight, white, males. They are self-hating bigots.

Amen.

Above all, avoid tumblr.

There's enough strawmanning for a half the crops in America.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.