This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird freezing problem with my PC.

#1RelixedPosted 10/24/2013 7:03:26 AM
Sometimes my PC just freezes, if I have music playing it gets stuck repeating same part like old record. Have to hard boot.

Sometimes it doesn't fully freeze and starts getting mini freezes and the graphics start glitching, if I try to shut down my PC after this, windows closes normally but the PC itself doesn't shut down.

I tried cleaning my PC and ran memory and disc check, didn't find any errors and dust wasn't the issue.

Outside of the freezing issue, the PC works perfectly. Temps are always in normal range when it starts freezing so it's not overheating issue either. All parts are little over two years old.

It seems pretty random when it freezes, sometimes can go days withouth issues, sometimes it freezes right after booting.
---
I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear
#2GriffPosted 10/24/2013 8:06:42 AM
Could be anything.
Run a full scan with malwarebytes MBAM.
Make sure all the drivers are updated.
Try a different anti-virus program.
Open the computer and make sure the vents are clog free, clean it out.
Yank the cards and clean the contacts.
Unplug any external devices from the PC and just run it bare bones to test.
Start disabling / deleting apps that run in the background.

^^^
I would do Mbam 1st, the rest in no particular order.
And if the problem persists, perhaps a fresh format and clean install of Windows,
#3Relixed(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 12:49:14 AM
Someone on CE said that their GTX 560 Ti had same problems when he updated the drivers from 314.22 to newer. I have the same card and I think my problems started around the time 320 drivers were released.
I downgraded to 314 now but I don't have any way to test if that solved it. Is there any program or way to test the card or the driver if the problem is solved now?
---
http://backloggery.com/relix/sig.gif
http://backloggery.com/relix
#4mess98Posted 10/25/2013 12:56:44 AM
Assuming you did a full anti-virus scan and it came up clean...

Try a different power supply. I had a similar issue a few months ago with my old PC.
---
Windows 8.1.Core i7 4770.Geforce GTX 660 Ti.8GB Ram.
#5Relixed(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 1:02:05 AM
Try a different power supply. I had a similar issue a few months ago with my old PC.

I don't have another to test and tight on money atm.
Tho I had a little accident with it a while ago, dropped a heavy book behind my desk and it unplugged the cord, could be that it damaged the PSU too...
Only thing I didn't test from the above list is that I didn't remove the card to clean the contacts yet, I'll test if downgrading the driver helped or not first.

Just have to hope it's driver related now.
---
http://i.imgur.com/uFYnR.gif
#6skychanPosted 10/25/2013 4:40:46 AM
i have same problem last few days. downgrade work for me
i have 460 card
---
"I will thanks BlackEmac64 4ever" -skychan
#7Cheech001Posted 10/25/2013 5:11:46 AM
My brother was having a similar issue where his PC would freeze randomly. I tossed one of my old PSU's in it and it has been running fine for about 2 weeks now.