This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thank god. The Stanley Parable won't be racist anymore.

#121Worknofun370Posted 10/25/2013 9:46:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#122ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 9:49:23 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
African Americans

Black people. Jamaicans, Haitians, and Dominicans aren't African-American.

Don't ever go to southern Florida and start calling black people African-American. You'll have trouble.
#123Worknofun370Posted 10/25/2013 9:49:26 AM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
You named a whopping what, 3 shows (Revolution.. yeah I simply disagree with you there. Who's the African american LEAD on that show? I haven't really watched the others so I can't comment on that) So with The Cleveland Show we now have a possible 4 shows on the 4 major networks that have a lead role of an African American. Do you really believe that is suppose to debunk my point or something?

Tyler Perry and Chris Rock shows are not on NBC, CBS, Fox or ABC.

And we're clearly not talking about sports here, we're talking about television programming, but that is a fair point to bring up.

I called it.

ShadowThaReaper posted...
But those don't count, because I'm white and I have white guilt.

Nothing is ever good enough for you people.

Am I white?
#124ShadowThaReaper(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 9:50:10 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
Am I white?

Most likely.
#125Worknofun370Posted 10/25/2013 11:02:26 AM
Boge posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
You can say "it's that simple" but again, reality says otherwise. It's very very difficult for many people to get over slights in their past. I'm admittedly skeptical that you forgive and forget anything bad that has happened to you in your life. I sure as hell know that I'm not able to do that.

But it didn't happen to me! I didn't do anything to anyone! And it didn't happen to most people that still have problems about it today. That's what "Leave it in the past" means. People are carrying over what happened 150 years ago (and yeah, to some extent later) into today. It's far past now! Leave it there and let's move on to what we've all been trying to move towards for years now. As long as someone keeps bringing it up and holding onto the past, we'll never be able to progress beyond it. We're giving it power that it doesn't deserve.

I'm not saying you did anything to anyone or that you're a victim of racism. I'm saying I doubt that you forgive and forget anything bad that has happened in your life. That, in essence, is what you're requesting people do here.

The majority of African Americans complaints about racism are not because slavery existed 150 years ago. It's because they deal with racism today, and frequently in many situations. It's not the same as it was in the past, we have moved forward, but it's still there.

In a perfect world your argument can work... everyone just drop all the prejudices and stereotypes you have and start fresh. That would be a beautiful thing, that's just not anywhere close to being realistic. Society and people don't work that way.

(Deleted and updated my post because after re-reading yours I incorrect accused you :D )
#126WeaponX1138Posted 10/25/2013 11:20:14 AM
And now, here's Ollie Williams with the Blackuweather Forecast. Ollie?
---
Figuring things out for yourself is practically the only freedom anyone really has nowadays. Use that freedom. STEAM ID: Silentmark1138
#127r0ge00Posted 10/25/2013 11:22:25 AM
WeaponX1138 posted...
And now, here's Ollie Williams with the Blackuweather Forecast. Ollie?

Hot (cause of the fire).
#128akuma634Posted 10/25/2013 11:44:47 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
Born Lucky posted...
Yes, because the biggest problem in places where people believe they can cure AIDS by rubbing chicken blood on their head, is white guys selling cigarettes.

Or by ******* a frog. (I really hope someone knows that reference, it would make me smile)

Hey, leave Joseph Smith out of this!
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#129Worknofun370Posted 10/25/2013 11:46:48 AM
akuma634 posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
Born Lucky posted...
Yes, because the biggest problem in places where people believe they can cure AIDS by rubbing chicken blood on their head, is white guys selling cigarettes.

Or by ******* a frog. (I really hope someone knows that reference, it would make me smile)

Hey, leave Joseph Smith out of this!

YYYyeyeeeessssssss
#130SmoboHashPosted 10/25/2013 11:48:18 AM
black lesbian paraplegic transgendered single mother lighting a child on fire.

no longer offensive