This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thank god. The Stanley Parable won't be racist anymore.

#131stmstrPosted 10/25/2013 11:53:33 AM
Should have left it as is.

People get too damn sensitive these days.
#132SilentHawk29Posted 10/25/2013 4:36:24 PM
Worknofun370 posted...

You named a whopping what, 3 shows (Revolution.. yeah I simply disagree with you there. Who's the African american LEAD on that show? I haven't really watched the others so I can't comment on that) So with The Cleveland Show we now have a possible 4 shows on the 4 major networks that have a lead role of an African American. Do you really believe that is suppose to debunk my point or something?

Tom Nevelle is a lead in Revolution. Anyone who watches that show could tell you that. There's no one main character on that show as they all have equal time on the screen and equal roles.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#133-GhosT-Posted 10/25/2013 10:40:34 PM
I don't want to rekindle (oops) the argument, but I want to specify the fact that the 2nd example in this "choice" segment is about Steven lighting on fire a young black orphan living in a 30 mile radius from his domicile.

Not a 3rd world country boy.

Applying context to the 1st segment saying "A 3rd world country boy" doesn't work with the 2nd segment, "any orphan living 30 miles from Steven".

It's the 2nd picture that's causing trauma to racially-sensitive people. Approach the topic in this light, and you'll see it's a little more offensive than the 1st segment.

Not that race matters in this satirical cartoonish demonstration. But it does gain leniency considering that it targets a different demographic.

Beating a dead horse.
---
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
#134GoldninjaPosted 10/26/2013 10:11:05 AM
Reminds me of the racial controversy in RE5. You're in Africa, generally around some more primitive towns/villages. Do you think you'll run into a bunch of snooty tea drinking white nobles who have somehow come down with a case of zombie? If so, you're an idiot. I suppose because of this PC crap, we can't have games take place in any area aside from white America.

The so-called controversy about this is nothing more than a couple people completely ignoring context in this game and going straight for the shock value racism crap to grab whatever attention they can get.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/ptxe9sf - River City Ransom Underground Kickstarter!
#135strongo9Posted 10/26/2013 10:24:53 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
ThePCElitist posted...
xBrokenxHalox posted...
Everything is racist.

Everything is sexist.

Everything.

According to the State of California this post causes cancer.

California and New York are the biggest joke states in the U.S. and all the other states do all day is sit back and watch those two dumbass states **** everything up like a sitcom.

Literally all the other states wait to see how badly their laws and thinking turn out before they decide how they want to handle the same situation.

Somebody is jealous that he doesn't live in of the two best states in the country.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m