This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thank god. The Stanley Parable won't be racist anymore.

#21LoshadtPosted 10/24/2013 10:04:28 AM
Incendia_Intus posted...
I'm so sick of every race that isn't white and every gender that isn't male complaining about **** and saying it's racism or gender racism. I don't go around complaining about crap that happens to white men in media, or life, for that matter. We're all people, and that's all we should be defined as. Everyone needs to stop acting so entitled and thinking that just because their skin is a different color or they have different genitals means they have different rights. I don't support actual racism, but this kind of **** really pisses me off.

I think it's fair to complain about both of these things, especially from minorities. Things like racism and sexism might not be so obvious to people not affected by it.

But there are certainly very many situations where people should actually LEARN what sexism and racism is instead of giving in to knee-jerk reactions. As far as I'm aware (haven't played the Stanley Parable) the child is being immolated. That's it. Unless he's being immolated because he's black, it's not racist, just disturbing.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#22xBrokenxHaloxPosted 10/24/2013 10:05:54 AM
Incendia_Intus posted...
I'm so sick of every race that isn't white and every gender that isn't male complaining about **** and saying it's racism or gender racism. I don't go around complaining about crap that happens to white men in media, or life, for that matter. We're all people, and that's all we should be defined as. Everyone needs to stop acting so entitled and thinking that just because their skin is a different color or they have different genitals means they have different rights. I don't support actual racism, but this kind of **** really pisses me off.

Yeah! Damn all those other genders!
---
El Psy Congroo
#23pfantzypantzPosted 10/24/2013 10:06:47 AM
Ch3wy posted...
I will only be satisfied when it's a black woman setting a Mexican transsexual on fire.

That sounds hot
#24Incendia_IntusPosted 10/24/2013 10:12:43 AM
xBrokenxHalox posted...
Incendia_Intus posted...

Yeah! Damn all those other genders!

Perhaps I should have said gender identities and sexuality instead.
---
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W
#25Worknofun370Posted 10/24/2013 10:12:52 AM
While I understand that racism is a very touchy subject. It sounds like a whopping two people stated they were offended? (Am I reading that correctly? )

I think we've become a society that's become a bit too careful about offending absolutely nobody.. The issueis, being offended is a very personal thing.. and it pretty much means "I'm personally upset you don't care about this topic as much as I do." For example, if I said some negative things about religion... some people would become offended by that, because they care about that topic more than I do.

The question is, where does that line get drawn? If two people are offended by something... does that mean it's racist and needs to change? Or are those two people just being too sensitive? It's a tough situation for sure.
#26GoldninjaPosted 10/24/2013 10:12:54 AM
Apparently, setting a white guy on fire is okay. 'Murika
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/ptxe9sf - River City Ransom Underground Kickstarter!
#27Knight2520Posted 10/24/2013 10:16:50 AM
Goldninja posted...
Apparently, setting a white guy on fire is okay. Western 'emisphere.

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it though.
---
If AMD goes down Intel might safely release i9 for $300 and i7 for $200 and i5 for $100 and i3 for free. - su27Chaos<
#28El_ZaggyPosted 10/24/2013 10:38:51 AM
how's that racist?
It racist to find this racist
#29dioxxysPosted 10/24/2013 10:47:58 AM
Well I better play this game before they ruin the game and remove the original content
#30OsteoporozisPosted 10/24/2013 11:02:06 AM
Murder of a minority is immediately a hate crime. Didn't everyone know that by now?
So is pointing out that a person belongs to said minority using words that people within the minority use to describe eachother. Or pointing out that a person belongs to a minority in general.
---
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied...
Learn to swim.