This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

looking for a good quality headset for around $250

#11EpicKingdom_Posted 10/24/2013 1:04:57 PM
Headsets...$250... lol silly TC thinks he needs to go big for good stuff.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#12pitt12177Posted 10/24/2013 1:10:40 PM
Can someone here build me a PC? I only have eight thousand dollars to work with. Be kind.
#13XxXSlateXxX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 1:14:41 PM
reporting the off topic/flaming posts

anyway, if anyone could answer my last question id appreciate it =3
#14PraetorXynPosted 10/24/2013 1:24:15 PM
Paying that price for a headset is ludicrous.
If you want sound that's actually good for that price, you need headphones, as all headsets are by and large garbage.

You could get Audio Technica AD 700 headphones for $99 or so, and they have excellent soundstage, which will give you better positional audio than real or virtual surround sound anyway, and don't require an amp to drive. That leaves you plenty to get a decent DAC.

If you want better headphones closer to that price range, look at Beyer Dynamic DT 770's, and see what Sennheiser is offering in that price range.

You'll have to go over budget to buy a DAC in that case though.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#15The_Count_FooPosted 10/24/2013 1:33:02 PM
I just got the sennheiser u 320. The sound quality is good, you get a two year warranty and it works on ps3, Xbox, pc and mac. It's really comfortable too. It costs $130 so you can save some cash.
---
Divided by night...
#16r0ge00Posted 10/24/2013 1:33:47 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Paying that price for a headset is ludicrous.
If you want sound that's actually good for that price, you need headphones, as all headsets are by and large garbage.

I agree that separate components are better, but some people just want something simple. The PLYR 1 fits that niche pretty well while not breaking the bank and sounding pretty good. Unless you've tried it, you can't really call it garbage. It has quite a few glowing reviews over on head-fi.

TC, one of the reviews said it was a bit clampy, so I'm sure it won't be a problem falling off your head. Then again, that guy has a fairly large head.
#17XxXSlateXxX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 2:16:02 PM
thank you all for the feedback! and like I said earlier, I dont HAVE to spend that much, that was just my absolute limit, I dont have a problem with spending less lol