This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there any reason to get a 4 GIG GTX 760 over a 2 GIG?

#1AshWilliams78Posted 10/24/2013 11:49:07 AM
Is the $50 price difference worth it for the 4 GIG?
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#2MonkeymagePosted 10/24/2013 11:55:38 AM
Gaming at higher resolutions and using lots of graphical mods tends to eat up VRAM, so if $50 isn't a huge deal to you, you should just get it.

Plus the expectation is that as we progress into the next generation of consoles, we'll begin to see more VRAM being used.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#3SinisterSlayPosted 10/24/2013 11:56:19 AM
The 4 gig is good if you plan to SLI in the future. Then you will have enough processing power to actually use those 4 gigs.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 12:02:39 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
The 4 gig is good if you plan to SLI in the future. Then you will have enough processing power to actually use those 4 gigs.

This is mostly gonna be used as a single card solution. I'm building my wife a Gaming Rig but she doesn't care to run games at the highest settings. She's perfectly happy to run games on High not Ultra.
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#5YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/24/2013 12:08:45 PM
A single 760 can't make good use of 4 gigs of ram.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#6gsf4lyfePosted 10/24/2013 12:20:53 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

This is mostly gonna be used as a single card solution. I'm building my wife a Gaming Rig but she doesn't care to run games at the highest settings. She's perfectly happy to run games on High not Ultra.

No reason to go 4 gig then. Honestly the 760 might even be a little overkill. Maxes out most current games with a few exceptions at 1080p.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#7SinisterSlayPosted 10/24/2013 12:58:19 PM
gsf4lyfe posted...
AshWilliams78 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

No reason to go 4 gig then. Honestly the 760 might even be a little overkill. Maxes out most current games with a few exceptions at 1080p.

Although a 4gig will do fine in the future if you don't mind sub 60 framerates.
Those 4 gigs will allow more, higher resolution textures.
Modded Skyrim for example could utilize a 760 with 4 gigs of VRAM.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 1:05:43 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
gsf4lyfe posted...
AshWilliams78 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Skyrim is one of the games she wants.
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#9SinisterSlayPosted 10/24/2013 1:09:43 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
gsf4lyfe posted...
AshWilliams78 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Skyrim is one of the games she wants.

If your playing a heavily modded Skyrim, like the highest res texture packs and ENB's. Then those 4 gigs will help.
A 760 should max Skyrim easily.
---
#10AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 1:16:00 PM
She's also really looking forward to Dragon Age 3 and Witcher 3. You think those games will run well?
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!