This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will bigger next game downloads on steam affect you?

#71LoneCourier2281Posted 10/24/2013 8:28:45 PM
My internet here sucks, so it would take forever for anything that size to download, it's not my fault, it's just how it is here, as far as space goes, pffft, will not affect me.
---
Currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD.
#72Devil_wings00Posted 10/24/2013 8:30:05 PM
mess98 posted...
KidInTheHall posted...
^ http://i.imgur.com/fG1PVGI.gif

Canadian ISPs charge full price for welfare quality service.

I dunno my ISP's seem to be fine. You can get 100 Mbps down and 5 up with 500gb/750gb cap for 90/95 bucks a month (cheaper in bundles with cable and phone). I've read that to get a similar connection in some areas of the states you would be paying more then some people pay for mortgages on their homes. I will admit the down speeds are LAUGHABLE but that's a Canadian problem in general.

My other ISP offers 20 down/2 up for 60 bucks but it has no cap.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#73mess98Posted 10/24/2013 9:01:21 PM(edited)
Devil_wings00 posted...
mess98 posted...
KidInTheHall posted...
^ http://i.imgur.com/fG1PVGI.gif

Canadian ISPs charge full price for welfare quality service.

I dunno my ISP's seem to be fine. You can get 100 Mbps down and 5 up with 500gb/750gb cap for 90/95 bucks a month (cheaper in bundles with cable and phone). I've read that to get a similar connection in some areas of the states you would be paying more then some people pay for mortgages on their homes. I will admit the down speeds are LAUGHABLE but that's a Canadian problem in general.

My other ISP offers 20 down/2 up for 60 bucks but it has no cap.

$95 a month is madness for internet.
As fast as that is... it's definitely not worth $95 a month.

That $60 is pretty good though... who is that, techsavvy? I'm switching to them when I move.

---
Windows 8.1.Core i7 4770.Geforce GTX 660 Ti.8GB Ram.
#74TimePharaohPosted 10/24/2013 9:03:59 PM
Sienrurouni posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
dlf posted...
40-50 GB would take up to about half a day (~1.5 MB/s) . . . . I really wish America and Canada (as I intend to move back) would force all ISP's to give at absolute minimum like 5 MB/s.

Or you could just not be poor and pay for what you want

I never realized being poor was a choice. Wow, those starving children sure do have awful decision making skills. Don't they realize that all they had to do was decide not to be poor and they'd have expensive gaming machines, fast internet, and a fridge full of hot pockets?

If you have a gaming PC, and internet, you're by default not "starving african kid" poor. Thus, you have many options.

Such as a job.

So, yes, it is a choice.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
#75HayabusafmwPosted 10/24/2013 10:32:04 PM
Well yes.... my provider sets me maximum 100gb for 100$ per month

seriously i bought max payne for 7$ i never downloaded it yet cause it's 30 FN GIGS!!!!

they need to adress this issue also... is it me or drives become fuller faster? that too they need to adress the issue seriously 50 gb game? they can go suck a big one don't tell me the content is that big it's only lazyness at core