This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone here have a white Fractal Design Define R4?

#11mrCube(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 6:53:18 PM
The front is plastic and the rest is metal. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

There's one other thing I'm having a problem with. 3 of the motherboard standout holes will just straight up not take the standouts provided with the case. Most of them went it just fine using just my fingers, but three of them will not screw in, no matter how much force I'm using. I had trouble with one other hole, but with a lot of force (like, enough to bend the motherboard tray) I was able to get it in. It was so hard to screw in with standout/screwdriver adapter that I actually stripped the adapter a little bit. The other 3 will just not go in though.
---
---
#12YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/24/2013 7:11:03 PM
Sounds like some great quality control, there.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#13mrCube(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 10:02:12 PM
Well, I did find a workaround. The thumb screws for the case use the same threads as the standouts, and they have a pointed end whereas the standouts are flat. Using the thumb screws I was able to basically tap the standout holes and make them big enough to take the standouts firmly. Kinda sucks because I did scratch the motherboard tray a bit when I slipped with the screwdriver trying to force the standouts in, but that won't be seen once the motherboard is in.
---
---