This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ride to Hell: Retribution on sale on Steam!

#1jfloydLunarPosted 10/24/2013 5:38:57 PM
Literally one of the worst games ever made..

See link below for a good indication of how the game will be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA3vijm17Bs

If you are a fan of truly awful games, don't wait to purchase your copy, buy it today!

For only one easy payment of $4.99*, you can begin your ride to Hell.... with Ride to Hell: Retribution!

*(DLC not included, Cook's Mad Recipe is an additional $.87)

Okay, but seriously, I don't get how this game is still on Steam, it's got a whopping 16/100 metacritic score, why anyone would buy it is beyond me.

It's kind of like the Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing or whatever it's called, but at least with a story.

I guess if you do really like bad games, now is your time to buy it, if not, stay away, stay very far away.

I thank you for your time.
---
Currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD.
#2TimePharaohPosted 10/24/2013 6:27:43 PM
jfloydLunar posted...
Okay, but seriously, I don't get how this game is still on Steam, it's got a whopping 16/100 metacritic score, why anyone would buy it is beyond me.

Probably because Steam is a store, and it's unlikely the developer would go "oh, my game got a bad score guess I don't want to sell it anymore"
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
#3jfloydLunar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 7:41:13 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
jfloydLunar posted...

Probably because Steam is a store, and it's unlikely the developer would go "oh, my game got a bad score guess I don't want to sell it anymore"

I thought Steam had like some sort of policy after that one game, War Z or something?

If they don't, then whatever, I was wrong, call the police, someone is wrong on the internet.

It's a horrible game, if people want to buy it to get a good laugh, I suppose it would be worth it, but yeah, it's pretty awful.
---
#4KabtheMentatPosted 10/24/2013 7:43:46 PM
Well, I don't think the developers of Ride to Hell lied, tried to scam, or acted like jackasses on the forums...unlike the War Z guys. So if they want to put their crappy game up on Steam, why would Valve have a problem with that?
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5therickmu25Posted 10/24/2013 7:45:03 PM
Playing truly aweful games can be just as amusing as playing a good game if you go into the game knowing it's gonna be a joke.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#6jfloydLunar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 7:52:13 PM
therickmu25 posted...
Playing truly aweful games can be just as amusing as playing a good game if you go into the game knowing it's gonna be a joke.

I like that video of it, almost tempted me to buy it, then I saw the ridiculous price they are asking for it normally.

I've played a few "bad" games that turned out okay.
---
#7KabtheMentatPosted 10/24/2013 7:56:12 PM
jfloydLunar posted...
therickmu25 posted...

I like that video of it, almost tempted me to buy it, then I saw the ridiculous price they are asking for it normally.

Yeah, but I bet those "bad" games got like 5s, 6s, or god forbid even 7s. Like say Resident Evil 6...people will swear up and down it's the worst game ever made. It's really not, just got done with everyone's chapters after I got it on sale recently on Steam, and I'd say it's a decent though flawed game.

However Ride to Hell is an objectively bad game. Glitches, bugs, crap in it just doesn't work...that stuff makes it a bad game.
---
Skillz Ferguson
#8jfloydLunar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 7:59:29 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
jfloydLunar posted...
therickmu25 posted...

Yeah, but I bet those "bad" games got like 5s, 6s, or god forbid even 7s. Like say Resident Evil 6...people will swear up and down it's the worst game ever made. It's really not, just got done with everyone's chapters after I got it on sale recently on Steam, and I'd say it's a decent though flawed game.

However Ride to Hell is an objectively bad game. Glitches, bugs, crap in it just doesn't work...that stuff makes it a bad game.

I think the lowest I enjoyed was a 4. A 6 or 7 are not bad in my book, 7 is good, 5-6 are okay.
---
#9jfloydLunar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 8:01:32 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
Well, I don't think the developers of Ride to Hell lied, tried to scam, or acted like jackasses on the forums...unlike the War Z guys. So if they want to put their crappy game up on Steam, why would Valve have a problem with that?

You are right.

Although it shouldn't be called the worst game ever, that's Big Rigs, which IIRC the same people who made War Z made that game too? Is that a pattern I see?

I see now that Deep Silver published it, that makes sense.
---
#10KabtheMentatPosted 10/24/2013 8:02:04 PM
That's how it's suppose to be.

But you'll see **** like if a game gets a 7, fanboys will lose their goddamn minds. Or idiots will go all "WORST GAME EVER. PRE ORDER CANCELLED!"
---
Skillz Ferguson