This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Arkham Origins. Ps3 or PC?

#21DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/24/2013 9:52:33 PM
So, 30fps on PC is not smooth, but 30fps on console is somehow? Even though it's identical?
Cap your framerate at 31 with DXTory and enable vsync.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#22KidInTheHallPosted 10/24/2013 10:13:05 PM
Terantatek posted...
Ya I just booted up AC again. I get slow downs when gliding about every 6 seconds. If Arkham Origins is like that then ill pass. I tried on DX9 btw.

Does anyone playing get better performance than in AC?

I just got done playing with everything High on 1080p, I haven't gotten out to the city but it ran very well so far from what I've played. Good game too.
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#23JKatarnPosted 10/25/2013 4:58:13 PM
DaLagga posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-face-off?page=2

Seeing as how Arkham City chugged well below 30fps while traversing the city on PS3 I can't imagine why you'd think the PS3 version of Arkham Origins would run at a solid 30fps or better than it will on your PC.

And frankly, 30fps is just painful even if it never dips below that. After playing a bunch of games that run at a solid 60fps on my PC (L4D2, SWAT4, and Warframe) I loaded up Dark Souls and my eyes were literally hurting for about half an hour before they adjusted to the 30fps. And even after adjusting it still looks and plays a lot worse at such a low framerate than it would at 60fps.

Please, I might understand if you were talking about your eyes hurting from squinting at small DPI fonts on a high resolution screen, or brightness levels, or from viewing 3D, but from 30 FPS? Your eyes were "literally hurting", lol, then I guess the millions of people who watch 25fps television/film content and play 24-30 fps etc. games must be in "literal" agony, lol. Yes, the control is less than stellar and it's not silky smooth like 60+ fps, but it is completely playable when you take a moment to adjust.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#24DaLaggaPosted 10/25/2013 5:09:00 PM
JKatarn posted...
Please, I might understand if you were talking about your eyes hurting from squinting at small DPI fonts on a high resolution screen, or brightness levels, or from viewing 3D, but from 30 FPS? Your eyes were "literally hurting", lol, then I guess the millions of people who watch 25fps television/film content and play 24-30 fps etc. games must be in "literal" agony, lol. Yes, the control is less than stellar and it's not silky smooth like 60+ fps, but it is completely playable when you take a moment to adjust.

Like I said, it took a good half an hour or so to adjust. But yes, during that time my eyes literally hurt and I had to look away every now and then. Film being 24fps isn't quite as bad because at least the motion blur is good but in video games it simply isn't. Hopefully the don't screw up Dark Souls 2 with a silly 30fps limit and camera movement where it feels like your mouse is just glued to the top of an analog stick.
#25JKatarnPosted 10/25/2013 5:43:02 PM
DaLagga posted...
JKatarn posted...

Like I said, it took a good half an hour or so to adjust. But yes, during that time my eyes literally hurt and I had to look away every now and then. Film being 24fps isn't quite as bad because at least the motion blur is good but in video games it simply isn't. Hopefully the don't screw up Dark Souls 2 with a silly 30fps limit and camera movement where it feels like your mouse is just glued to the top of an analog stick.

I have never heard of that happening to anyone, and myself I can jump back and forth between 30/60+ fps console and PC titles without any problems. Also, the motion blur is there in film/television to make jerky/skippy frames in fast action scenes less apparent, not to soothe your eyes. Either you're exaggerating, or you need to get your eyes checked out.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#26SlashmanSGPosted 10/25/2013 5:52:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3y83PFo.gif
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
#27Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 10/25/2013 7:33:46 PM
JKatarn posted...
DaLagga posted...
JKatarn posted...

I have never heard of that happening to anyone, and myself I can jump back and forth between 30/60+ fps console and PC titles without any problems. Also, the motion blur is there in film/television to make jerky/skippy frames in fast action scenes less apparent, not to soothe your eyes. Either you're exaggerating, or you need to get your eyes checked out.

Nah, what he's saying actually makes perfect sense. Fewer FPS=less visual information=your eyes trying to see what they expect to be there, but isn't=eye strain. It's the same principle as trying to read in low light conditions--your eyes are struggling to cope with not being able to see as much as they're used to being able to.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html
#28Kokuei05Posted 10/25/2013 7:36:55 PM
You can frame limit on PC where it seems stable. 45 for example.
---
Girls are scary.
#29SnipeStarPosted 10/25/2013 7:41:38 PM
Terantatek posted...
Tyranius2 posted...
SnipeStar posted...
troll topic. move along

Sad thing is, it isn't. It's just Terantatek being Terantatek

Yep. Not troll topic. It's sincere.

right, asking the pc board if we recommend the ps3 or pc version of the game...

i wonder what the members of the ps3 board would recommend...

1/10
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#30triple sPosted 10/25/2013 7:50:16 PM
I seen console footage of this game and it is certainly not a "smooth" 30fps. I'll take drops to 45fps any day of the week against just playing at 30fps "MAX".
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22