This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Arkham Origins is good, real good.

#11BlackMantisPosted 10/24/2013 8:30:10 PM
Seems like a recycling of AC. Aside from the story, all the "new stuff" people bring up seems like it could have just fit into a small DLC pack.

Same thing goes for Assassin's Creed 4. Just nothing really new or innovative seems to stand out to warrant purchase of either game at full price.

I'm gonna wait until they're both really cheap on Steam before picking them up.
---
i5-3570k | Gigabyte Z77 UDH5 | evga GTX 680 SC | 8 gb RAM | 2TB HDD | HAF 932
#12cainism25Posted 10/24/2013 8:52:36 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...
You've only played it for 2 hours. Give it a couple of weeks and then come back and tell us how you feel.

This. New game high. Affects us all.

xD Agreed. I hated Arkham City put it on shelf, played it 3 months later, got 3 hours in and was blown away. :) thats true quality.
---
2500k @ 4.8ghz ~
#13DerPancakePosted 10/24/2013 8:54:30 PM
RockSteady was a mediocre developer that got lucky in 2 games. Now the game was in hands in a good developer, so of course its better.
---
Megagunstarman
you do know that the ps4 has ddr5 ram right? with the speed that the ps4s ram downloads at it would only take a few seconds to download killzone
#14ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/24/2013 8:56:14 PM
DerPancake posted...
RockSteady was a mediocre developer that got lucky in 2 games. Now the game was in hands in a good developer, so of course its better.

le epik troll. :^)

I'm sure you'll get lots of n00bs. XP
#15Jules RulesPosted 10/24/2013 9:00:38 PM
cainism25 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
You've only played it for 2 hours. Give it a couple of weeks and then come back and tell us how you feel.

xD Agreed. I hated Arkham City put it on shelf, played it 3 months later, got 3 hours in and was blown away. :) thats true quality.

That's the opposite of what he said =/
---
http://i.imgur.com/qalWwNb.gif
XBL & PSN: OMGFather
#16HydroCannabinolPosted 10/24/2013 9:05:24 PM
How did you play it so early? Just released now and it's 'unpacking' files... estimated 20 minutesss
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#17cainism25Posted 10/24/2013 9:23:49 PM
Jules Rules posted...
cainism25 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

That's the opposite of what he said =/

with midgets dancin round me as i eat doritos
---
2500k @ 4.8ghz ~
#18wdfosterPosted 10/25/2013 12:10:44 AM
I've played for about two hours and the game is good (at the very least!). I really don't understand the hate for the batman games, unless you just don't like batman I guess. They're fun, and this one is continuing the tradition. Just like the last two, it has that highly scripted but awesome intro, followed by some fluid tutorials, and then it opens up the map to you.

Also, it runs silky smooth. I have everything maxed and its running fine between 90 and 120 fps. It dipped to 45ish when I was fighting 20 guys in the snow with all the particle effects, but 40 is far from unplayable. I can't speak for amd user though. But the game so far is well optimized.
---
Steam ID - Madmartigan
#19HighOnPhazonPosted 10/25/2013 1:16:39 AM
wdfoster posted...
I've played for about two hours and the game is good (at the very least!). I really don't understand the hate for the batman games, unless you just don't like batman I guess. They're fun, and this one is continuing the tradition. Just like the last two, it has that highly scripted but awesome intro, followed by some fluid tutorials, and then it opens up the map to you.

Also, it runs silky smooth. I have everything maxed and its running fine between 90 and 120 fps. It dipped to 45ish when I was fighting 20 guys in the snow with all the particle effects, but 40 is far from unplayable. I can't speak for amd user though. But the game so far is well optimized.

What are your specs
---
GT/Steam: AncientToaster
i5 3750K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#20TimePharaohPosted 10/25/2013 1:20:28 AM(edited)
BlackMantis posted...
Seems like a recycling of AC. Aside from the story, all the "new stuff" people bring up seems like it could have just fit into a small DLC pack.

Same thing goes for Assassin's Creed 4. Just nothing really new or innovative seems to stand out to warrant purchase of either game at full price.

I'm gonna wait until they're both really cheap on Steam before picking them up.

The difference is that every Assassins Creed is terrible, thus more of terrible=still terrible.
Both other Arkham games are good. Therefore more of good=still good.

And he's not allowed to say it's good after two hours, but people who haven't even played it can say it's the exact same after....not playing it? I loled.
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png