This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Arkham Origins is good, real good.

#21wdfosterPosted 10/25/2013 2:43:54 AM
HighOnPhazon posted...
wdfoster posted...
I've played for about two hours and the game is good (at the very least!). I really don't understand the hate for the batman games, unless you just don't like batman I guess. They're fun, and this one is continuing the tradition. Just like the last two, it has that highly scripted but awesome intro, followed by some fluid tutorials, and then it opens up the map to you.

Also, it runs silky smooth. I have everything maxed and its running fine between 90 and 120 fps. It dipped to 45ish when I was fighting 20 guys in the snow with all the particle effects, but 40 is far from unplayable. I can't speak for amd user though. But the game so far is well optimized.

What are your specs

i7 3930k + MSI GD65 + 16GB Corsair Vengeance + GTX 680 (2GB) 2-way SLI
---
Steam ID - Madmartigan
#22chrono625(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 3:00:35 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
BlackMantis posted...
Seems like a recycling of AC. Aside from the story, all the "new stuff" people bring up seems like it could have just fit into a small DLC pack.

Same thing goes for Assassin's Creed 4. Just nothing really new or innovative seems to stand out to warrant purchase of either game at full price.

I'm gonna wait until they're both really cheap on Steam before picking them up.

The difference is that every Assassins Creed is terrible, thus more of terrible=still terrible.
Both other Arkham games are good. Therefore more of good=still good.

And he's not allowed to say it's good after two hours, but people who haven't even played it can say it's the exact same after....not playing it? I loled.

This. I understand not everyone will feel the same way as I do but from my experience it's probably the best Arkham game yet. The Deathstroke scene was epic. I've got 4 hours in and I'm hooked.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#23AnatomyHorrorPosted 10/25/2013 3:02:12 AM
Been seein quite a few people say it's the best Batman game out of the trilogy.
#24NingishzidaPosted 10/25/2013 3:02:49 AM
chrono625 posted...
2 hours in and I love it.

gee, humanity sure is devolving rapidly...
#25blakegallowayPosted 10/25/2013 3:42:49 AM
Ningishzida posted...
chrono625 posted...
2 hours in and I love it.

gee, humanity sure is devolving rapidly...

Considering single player campaigns are shrinking in length, 2 hours is 20% complete.
---
Sometimes death comes knocking.
Sometimes it tears down the walls.