This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What can I do to help PC gaming?

#1Pepys MonsterPosted 10/24/2013 7:58:01 PM
I don't want consoles holding us back anymore
---
i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz | Radeon 7850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 1866 | ASRock Z77 | Intel 330 240GB | 2x2TB HDDs | Antec 650W 80+ Platinum | Windows 7 | Asus Xonar DX
#2ZukkusPosted 10/24/2013 7:59:13 PM
Create a company even bigger than Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo, buy them, then liquidate their home console divisions.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#3ATARIJAWAPosted 10/24/2013 8:02:14 PM
Honestly the best thing you can do is build a monster rig and then show your console friends what they are missing. Wait till Star Citizen comes out and then show them that.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#4KabtheMentatPosted 10/24/2013 8:05:44 PM(edited)
ATARIJAWA posted...
Honestly the best thing you can do is build a monster rig and then show your console friends what they are missing. Wait till Star Citizen comes out and then show them that.

lol, whenever that happens.

Also, TC, how about you quit being a pretentious ass hat and not worry about what consoles are doing. There are tons and tons of PC games that have nothing to do with what consoles can and can't do. Not being one of these guys that takes the whole PC master race bull **** seriously would do more to help PC gaming than anything else.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/24/2013 8:18:01 PM
First, I'd get a rig that isn't borderline peasant quality before worrying about the state of PC gaming.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#6Flaktrooper123Posted 10/24/2013 8:22:35 PM
The easiest way? Advertise for PC gaming of course. Tell your friends who mainly play consoles to switch to PC and also use your technical knowledge to help.
#7JKatarnPosted 10/24/2013 8:23:00 PM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
First, I'd get a rig that isn't borderline peasant quality before worrying about the state of PC gaming.

an I5 with 8GB of RAM, 2 2TB of space and a 7850 is peasant quality now? Sure, it's fairly standard, but it's leagues better than your average PC out there - some people don't spend every extra cent/moment of spare time on PC gaming you know - they have lives.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#8somebody336Posted 10/24/2013 8:25:04 PM
Just believe in the GabeN.
#9Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/24/2013 8:34:30 PM
JKatarn posted...
Last Grand MageX2 posted...

an I5 with 8GB of RAM, 2 2TB of space and a 7850 is peasant quality now? Sure, it's fairly standard, but it's leagues better than your average PC out there - some people don't spend every extra cent/moment of spare time on PC gaming you know - they have lives.

a 1GB 7850? Sounds like a member of the peasantry to me.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#10xBrokenxHaloxPosted 10/24/2013 8:35:34 PM
KabtheMentat posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...

lol, whenever that happens.

Also, TC, how about you quit being a pretentious ass hat and not worry about what consoles are doing. There are tons and tons of PC games that have nothing to do with what consoles can and can't do. Not being one of these guys that takes the whole PC master race bull **** seriously would do more to help PC gaming than anything else.

Oh snap TC you gonna take that?!
---
El Psy Congroo