This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Installing OS to SSD

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Installing OS to SSD

User Info: EchoX860

EchoX860
3 years ago#1
I saw a video a year or so back, I was wondering if this is still a good idea to do with Windows 8,or is it not worth the money just for the OS to be a little faster
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Vishera 3.5ghz - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - 1TB 7200RPM - 1GB Radeon HD6450 - 500watt Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus

User Info: ZeraphLordS

ZeraphLordS
3 years ago#2
EchoX860 posted...
I saw a video a year or so back, I was wondering if this is still a good idea to do with Windows 8,or is it not worth the money just for the OS to be way faster

yes
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs

User Info: EchoX860

EchoX860
3 years ago#3
Ok. Any brands I should stay away from? I usually stick with pre-built PCs.This time I made my own, since I don't game on PC, I didn't need anything spectacular
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Vishera 3.5ghz - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - 1TB 7200RPM - 1GB Radeon HD6450 - 500watt Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus

User Info: XxTwisted26xX

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#4
For SSD? They seem to all be around 100$ but Im shooting for the Samsung as every review seems to be a very satisfied customer and ill pay 30 extra for a guaranteed product. I would wait for thanksgiving black friday though they might drop waaaay in price. Saving all my paychecks until then. ;)
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Installing OS to SSD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived