This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I play Path of Exile using my Steam account?

#1AverageGaiPosted 10/24/2013 11:35:02 PM
Similar to games like Dawn of War and Borderlands 2 where my Steam account is used for the game?

Or do I need to make a separate account for the game itself?

I'm just curious as it would be convenient if I could just use my Steam wallet funds if I ever wanted to buy stuff in game.

Thanks.
---
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#2-CJF-Posted 10/24/2013 11:36:02 PM
You most likely need a separate account. I know that's how it works for other F2P games such as Dragon Nest.
#3kill2thisPosted 10/25/2013 12:35:59 AM
You have the option of linking your POE account to your Steam account, I'm also sure you can register as a new user directly from Steam.
#4YoungAdultLinkPosted 10/25/2013 12:39:07 AM
I think most, if not all, of the F2P games on steam let you buy most of the stuff in-game from your steam wallet or, at the very least, let you purchase currency for the game with your steam wallet funds.

So, yeah, you should be able to use your steam wallet if you launch the game through Steam.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#5N64_Rules_88Posted 10/25/2013 6:36:02 AM
On the login screen I either had the option to use my steam account, or make a separate one/link an old one to my steam account.
---
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/daylecman
Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.5GHz - 4GB DDR3 - 120GB SSD - GTX 460 1GB - Blackwidow Ultimate
#6ShubPosted 10/25/2013 6:37:29 AM
I played the Path of Exile beta so I had an account just for PoE -- then when the game came out on Steam, I uninstalled it, reinstalled it through Steam, and when I started it, I was offered to link my PoE account to Steam, which I did. Now I just start the game and I'm automatically logged in.
As for using your Steam wallet to buy PoE items, I have no idea.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#7anonymous46773Posted 10/25/2013 7:06:14 AM
I never played it until it came to Steam and I just logged in with my Steam account.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#8biohazard1775Posted 10/25/2013 8:09:48 AM(edited)
Shub posted...
I played the Path of Exile beta so I had an account just for PoE -- then when the game came out on Steam, I uninstalled it, reinstalled it through Steam, and when I started it, I was offered to link my PoE account to Steam, which I did. Now I just start the game and I'm automatically logged in.
As for using your Steam wallet to buy PoE items, I have no idea.

Did you get to keep your progress?
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!
#9ShubPosted 10/25/2013 8:10:25 AM
Of course!
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.