This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IGN or GAMESPOT?

#51GoIrish80Posted 10/25/2013 8:12:28 AM
Anyone who takes either site seriously is misguided in the first place.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#52Knighted DragonPosted 10/25/2013 8:27:17 AM
GTA V is a 10. Are you kidding me?

A free-roaming game with incredible detail, extremely fun when not even doing missions and gorgeous graphics. Not to mention, this game will look 10x better on PC so I cant imagine what the graphics will look like when its running on a Decent-High End PC.

Absolutely not. You're entire reason for giving it a ten is because it's GTA (free roam and fun while not doing missions) and has good graphics? GTA V is just another over hyped game that people bandwagon hype about because it just came out. Look at Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us, all you saw were people spewing 10/10 's in every direction and refusing to admit they have any faults. Now people will acknowledge the problems and admit they aren't perfect despite still being very good games.

I'm of the opinion all the people who think GTA 5 is the absolute best game ever weren't old enough to play the other GTA's when they had just launched, mainly because everyone I've asked has said they "Played" the older ones but years after they came out. GTA IV was just a huge disappointment IMO, and that was the first GTA game most of the younger kids played so going from that game to a real GTA is probably a huge shock on how much more fun the other GTA's were than IV
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#53JAHBUPosted 10/25/2013 8:45:27 AM
Neither...GIANT BOMB BABY!!!
#54SpazH3dPosted 10/25/2013 8:50:21 AM
I used to like gamespot, but then they fired all the guys I enjoyed, or they fired themselves. Most of them fled and made giantbomb.com. IGN is amusing for their review scores.

But yes, rockpapershotgun is where it's at.
---
- My vision is augmented
#55ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/25/2013 8:53:22 AM
SpazH3d posted...
rockpapershotgun

ShadowThaReaper posted...
Rape, Patriarchy, Sexism

John Walker is a cancer, and RPS is dying.
#56ViperEO2Posted 10/25/2013 8:54:12 AM
Didn't see anything that could or could not confirm whether the author of the GTA V review is a monagamist. You are beyond dumb.
#57Mr_DelcroixPosted 10/25/2013 8:54:45 AM
Wait, you actually trust gaming journalists period as implied by this poll?
---
Oh man, I lost some karma for offending someone! Let me just set myself on fire right now, might as well get ready for where I'm going!
#58Ch3wyPosted 10/25/2013 8:55:36 AM
rockpapershotgun is pretty good.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#59ShadowThaReaperPosted 10/25/2013 9:00:14 AM
Ch3wy posted...
rockpapershotgun is pretty good.

Only if you want to read feminist propaganda.
#60The_DeskPosted 10/25/2013 9:02:03 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
I don't see why I should be forced to choose between different varieties of feces.

"Professional reviews" are always terrible. The websites rely on advertisements from the video game companies to survive and therefore are forced to promote them. Not to mention that most video game journalists don't have the necessary credentials to even work at McDonalds.

Couldn't have said it better.