This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know you're a spoiled PC gamer when...

#1SlaynPosted 10/25/2013 2:50:45 AM
You buy a 3ds and say "$40 for a video game!? WHAT IS THIS!?! $20 for a 2 year old regular DS game!? WOW this is expensive!"

I guess I just got spoiled... also their e-shop is pure garbage compared to any other digital platform.

Oh well it's still better than $60 for any modern console game. Enjoying 3ds more in one month than I did with 4-5 years of PS3 ownership.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#2daemon_danPosted 10/25/2013 2:53:17 AM
I like my consoles. I don't mind paying 40 dollars for a brand new 3ds game because a lot of them are long games I get lots of time from. Mostly Jrpgs and the like are what I buy for the platform
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#3EpicKingdom_Posted 10/25/2013 2:54:54 AM
Spoiled indeed. I go to Gamestop just to browse or if I ever take my gf's brother.. and I am disgusted at the prices for used games alone.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#4joblessloserPosted 10/25/2013 2:59:21 AM
Yeah, it sucks because Nintendo can kinda get away with it. PS and MS at least have decent sales. Nintendo first party games never seem to get price drops at all. They introduced those wii classics or whatever they were called, and even the games that were like 5 years old barely saw a price reduction at all.

American cheese.
#5joblessloserPosted 10/25/2013 2:59:57 AM
daemon_dan posted...
I like my consoles. I don't mind paying 40 dollars for a brand new 3ds game because a lot of them are long games I get lots of time from. Mostly Jrpgs and the like are what I buy for the platform

this is why we can't have nice things.
#6daemon_danPosted 10/25/2013 3:02:32 AM
joblessloser posted...
Yeah, it sucks because Nintendo can kinda get away with it. PS and MS at least have decent sales. Nintendo first party games never seem to get price drops at all. They introduced those wii classics or whatever they were called, and even the games that were like 5 years old barely saw a price reduction at all.

American cheese.

ON APPLE PIE!!!!

Well, nintendo will never HAVE to lower prices until they stop making money. Which I don't see happening. And honestly, I don't really care. If they want to charge a certain amount and they make the money off it, good for them. It's also great when devs allow their games to be on huge sales that net them lots of profit. Two different business practices, neither is a bad way to go.
---
#7daemon_danPosted 10/25/2013 3:02:59 AM
joblessloser posted...
daemon_dan posted...

this is why we can't have nice things.

I will break all my nice things ;~;
---
#8joblessloserPosted 10/25/2013 3:26:12 AM
I see your point. But it sucks when you're a kid/don't have much money. Steam really has spoiled both of us. We have more games than we know what to do with, yet we're still never satisfied. We should really look at that in ourselves.
#9daemon_danPosted 10/25/2013 3:28:02 AM
joblessloser posted...
I see your point. But it sucks when you're a kid/don't have much money. Steam really has spoiled both of us. We have more games than we know what to do with, yet we're still never satisfied. We should really look at that in ourselves.

Very good point, my friend. Very good point indeed.
---
#10johnny_payPosted 10/25/2013 3:33:46 AM
$40 WTH! in the uk, games are 40 here on the nintendo store, 32.99-35 everywhere else