This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know you're a spoiled PC gamer when...

#21Bellum_SacrumPosted 10/25/2013 4:22:52 AM(edited)
daemon_dan posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
You know you're a dumb PC gamer when...

you think anyone is forcing you to buy the game in order to play it, and even worse keep it after you're done with it.

That's what too much Steam does to you.

Or maybe, I dunno, you're an honest person?

How is renting and selling property you own dishonest? Too much Steam right there. Step away..slowly.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#22Slayn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 4:30:32 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
You know you're a dumb PC gamer when...

you think anyone is forcing you to buy the game in order to play it, and even worse keep it after you're done with it.

That's what too much Steam does to you.

Or maybe, I dunno, you're an honest person?

How is renting and selling property you own dishonest? Too much Steam right there. Step away..slowly.

I 100% honestly do not understand your point. Are you saying I should buy physical copies of PC games so I can sell them back? I think he thought you were advocating piracy, which I also do not quite understand.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#23Bellum_SacrumPosted 10/25/2013 4:48:46 AM
Slayn posted...
I 100% honestly do not understand your point. Are you saying I should buy physical copies of PC games so I can sell them back? I think he thought you were advocating piracy, which I also do not quite understand.

Let's look at two examples present in this topic.

1) One that thinks Steam games are cheaper, while in fact they aren't. Since you have no choice but to buy a product that you can't resell (yet), you are getting a product that is of less value.

2) ...and the other that thinks piracy is the only way to play games besides buying them.

Steam has led certain denominations of "gamers" to believe that Steam is cheaper, which it isn't since it is selling you a product of lesser value. It has also led them to believe that besides buying, there is no other way to legally play a game.

Steam is raising it's own kind of sheep. That's my point.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#24Slayn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:00:42 AM
People buy/sell used PC games? A lot of the games I play have online components, why would someone want to buy my used PC game when I have already used the CD key? Obviously single player only games with no DRM are the exception. What kind of market is there for used games? How much more expensive are physical games on average? I feel like I've had this conversation before, where someone mentioned that physical games are cheaper, because they bought a used game on Amazon marketplace for $1....
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#25SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/25/2013 6:26:35 AM
I'm happy to pay $20 less for a new 3DS game than a console/PC game. I view portability as something that should increase the value of a game. It definitely increases my enjoyment of the game.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#26AlavardPosted 10/25/2013 6:54:17 AM
joblessloser posted...
I see your point. But it sucks when you're a kid/don't have much money. Steam really has spoiled both of us. We have more games than we know what to do with, yet we're still never satisfied. We should really look at that in ourselves.

Yup. When we had the time, we didn't have the money. Now that we have the money, we don't have the time...