This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PCH smartphone users: Do you care about root access or jailbreaking your phone?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PCH smartphone users: Do you care about root access or jailbreaking your phone?

User Info: YukitoRambo

YukitoRambo
3 years ago#41
When I spent more money than I should for a smartphone instead of feature phone, I decided that I'm doing it because:

1. I need a better browser
2. GPS
3. Mail checking
4. I need to be able to open office docs on the move.

As neither one of these require root, I haven't rooted my Xperia V. HOWEVER, I explicitly chose the Android platform because it lets me do it when I want to do it. Just knowing that I have that freedom is good enough for me.
"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" - Alexander Pope

User Info: Blackfire210

Blackfire210
3 years ago#42
Been using Android since 2009 (with a brief 8 month stint with iOS) and every device along the way has been rooted. I owned a Galaxy Nexus (on Sprint) and it still didn't give me the support I craved. Flashing ROMs and debugging new software is so worth it when everything is done and my device gets 1.5x the battery life while being smoother at the same time.
Asus P8Z68-V Pro | Core i5 2500K | 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | 2x XFX DD 7970 Ghz Edition
PS3 | Vita | 3DS | Wii U

User Info: Premium

Premium
3 years ago#43
I like to add that for all the support they do give, Google AOSP first-party stuff has often been somewhat lackluster and if it were not for people like CyanogenMod lot and loads of others on places like xda, a lot of features would probably never have made it into AOSP in the first place (or at least still haven't).
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0

User Info: jakisthe

jakisthe
3 years ago#44
No. I don't require that much out of my phone, and the stuff I would like is pretty much not available, jb'd or otherwise.
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#45
I used to do it, and do care about it.

However, since I got my Galaxy S3 I have not done it, and do not feel the need.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PCH smartphone users: Do you care about root access or jailbreaking your phone?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived