This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 worth buying?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mass Effect 1 and 2 worth buying?
3 years ago#1
I beat Mass Effect 2 twice at Launch and havent touched it since. That was on the 360.

I was wondering how optimized they are? I know i can run them at full max but ive read some people have issues with ME2, but then again they say they used like a 9800gt or something.

Is it more fun when modded? Are there any mods to make the game better? Also ive NEVER played ME1 for more than 2 hrs cause i couldnt get used to the aiming controls.
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
3 years ago#2
There are 4K textures for ME1 which make it look fantastic.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mass-effect-1-new-texture-updatesimprovements-mod
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
3 years ago#3
I have the trilogy on Origin, I haven't tried to play 2 yet but 1 and 3 (multiplayer) have run flawlessly on my intel/nvidia windows 7 system with no intervention outside of running Origin as an admin (which I think is more an origin problem than ME). 3 can be nearly maxed out and still hit 60fps on intel's HD4000 and I don't imagine 1 or 2 being much harder to run than them, 3 has the most detailed environments by far, though 2 has better (from a technical standpoint) character models.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
3 years ago#4
I still can't believe they haven't released a trilogy with ALL DLC included. - -;
Pokemon X/Y FC: 5000 - 2816 - 3611 -- Nando
If you add me, PM me your code!
3 years ago#5
No, I get drops down to 59 FPS. Completely unplayable.
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
3 years ago#6
Nicodimus posted...
There are 4K textures for ME1 which make it look fantastic.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mass-effect-1-new-texture-updatesimprovements-mod

Make sure to have a 3GB card if you plan running that mod at 1080p.
Megagunstarman
you do know that the ps4 has ddr5 ram right? with the speed that the ps4s ram downloads at it would only take a few seconds to download killzone
3 years ago#7
ME1 and 2 played maxed on my 9600gt (no idea framerate, it was smooth so probably above 30)
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
3 years ago#8
Both ME1 and 2 are good games. Many consider 2 the best of the series (I'm on the fence between it and 3).

As for how it runs...I haven't played 2 or 3 on my PC yet, though I do own the Trilogy (own them all on the 360 as well). But I have a Phenom X4 II 965 3.4GHz and a 7850 2GB and 1 runs just fine at 1080p (talking well over 60FPS). The only slowdown I get is in the Citadel at times, and that's usually to like 40ish FPS. But that's not a hardware issue from what I understand, that's a game being a bad port issue. I would imagine that 2 and 3 run just fine on my system as well.

As for mods, have no idea. I think the base games are pretty good, so I don't have any interest in modding them.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
3 years ago#9
SlashmanSG posted...
No, I get drops down to 59 FPS. Completely unplayable.

damn that sucks.

Also to the texture mod, i have 3gb 7950 so i think im good :)
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Mass Effect 1 and 2 worth buying?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived