This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you do with your old parts when you wanna upgrade?

#21_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 10/26/2013 10:02:09 AM(edited)
I sell them or give them away.

I sell them on either a general second-hand website (non-auction) that is a lot more popular than ebay here in the Netherlands. Or I sell them on a large hardware enthusiast website where people buy and sell parts all the time.

For me, selling and buying secondhand parts has never been a problem. I recently sold my 560Ti and i5 760 + mobo. They both sold within the first day. I also bought a secondhand GTX 760, a secondhand Z68 motherboard, and a secondhand i5 3570. I had to borrow a CPU to flash the BIOS on the MOBO so it would be compatible with the 3570, which was a bit of a hassle. However, considering the things I sold, the whole upgrade was under 200 euro. Beats selling and buying a whole new system.

Just make sure you package them well (anti-static bag, and in a way where they can not easily be damaged).
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#22BowsaaPosted 10/26/2013 10:24:18 AM
I'll probably just give my old stuff to my dad or my brother. Even if it's outdated, it's much better then what either of them currently use.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000